Haywire twist wont go through swivel twice on 60lb copper...

hi, im rigging up some blood run 60lb copper and cant get the line through spro power swivel twice. is this a problem? i twisted it tight and used shrink wrap. also, i used 50lb power pro for backing and did not put a section of mono in for planer board releases. i use weldon pinch pad and big scotty releases for copper, think they will slip on the braid with 300' of 60lb out? thanks, mark

A single pass through is actually stronger . I would nicks the shrink wrap it doesn't make anything stronger it just hides potential breaks , copper connections need to be checked on a regular basis. The big Scotty realease with rubber bands on the copper is the way to go . My two cents and that's not worth much nowdays.

Edited by bigblue

I use CLEAR hot glue (from a glue gun) on the wrap.that way it keeps it from unraveling but I can still see inside to inspect for breakage. Its better than the shrink wrap approach in my view.

We run the copper straight to the Powerpro backing and haven't had issues with up to 500 ft of the 45 lb stuff. Large Scottys plus a rubber band, like the man said.

thanks for the replies guys. i used a haywire twist on the back end and an albright knot for my leader. that haywire twist with shrink tube does not go through levelwind very well. a little nervous about that. im using a convector 55....  best, mark