Hampton Beach NH Cod/Haddock

Little off the beaten path but boat is not ready yet and I was itching to do a bit of fishing somewhere so off to Hampton Beach NH to do a little Party boat fishing. Much like most of the reports out of Mexico Bay the ocean needs a little more time. Total for trip 2 Haddock, One cod about 5lbs,, 20 Red Fish (ocean Perch). Some good eating but was hoping to do a little better. Back over one more time in a couple of weeks then to Lake Ontario till September.  

A lot of those big cod and haddock will be caught in the Fall and they are a couple of my favorite eating fish. I'm hoping to get out on Cape Cod to go after them in September or October....still pretty early yet so stay positive :)

I agree usually get some Haddock in April and May but I love October and November. Last year last day out was December 16 all the 15 to 20 pound pollack you wanted love to eat all those cold water fish! But looking forward to the big lake too.

I met my wife in Gloucester.  I'll have to look into fishing trips the next time we're back visiting - she's got friends and family from Hampton Beach down to the Cape.

post-146980-0-29756300-1367343180_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mortigan

I have done the 6 pack thing too and have gone out of Gloucester. Most of the time it is a quick trip for me so I jump on a party boat try to do marathon trips (12 hours). Shared and 6 packs are pretty pricey at about 250.00 to 300.00 a piece although they do have some good ones. I pay 75.00 to 80.00 for the marathons and usually do well last year I brought home over 80lbs of cod and haddock fillets in one trip but also had trips that I came home with a lot less. Weather you fish Gloucester (usually Stellwagon bank) or Hampton (Jefferys Ledge) If the fish are there and hungry you get them. Another boat that I fish from is the Bunny Clark I have had some very productive  trips on that boat. Hey Turf funny you have a trip on the 19th as I do too!! Chartered the Yellowbird 60' boat 15 of us going!! Best part is it is a company trip (free)!