Gambler shakedown 4/27 - Sandy - PIC ADDED

Left the dock at 6am on Saturday morning with clear skies and light winds.  Hit the end of the creek and ran a mile East and set up in 12 fow.  The water had cleared up overnight.  We decided to try the inside waters anyways.  After a short troll, we got a release on the 9' rigger.  After a good battle, we slipped the net under a 14lb brown to start the season.  In the next hour we only had 2 more releases only landing one of the two.  We decided to run out to the laker grounds and put some slime on the floor.  We ended up putting 14 lakers in the boat between 4 and 15lbs.  It ended up being a decent trip.  Picks to come tomorrow when I have more time to upload them. 

brown14_zpsbefa5c1a.jpg

Edited by GAMBLER

The best part of that report for a shakedown, was nothing mentioned other than fishing!!!!  Always good when boat fully cooperates!

And nice report on the Lakers.....better fish for them in the spring! :P 

glad to hear the report Brian, the boat ran well ??? we did OK till the lake layed down. 8 or 9 browns and a coho ? that shook off and a BIG king at least 25 but a half ass swipe by my net man caught the spoon and not the fish. Didn't want too get the back of my boat dirty anyway.... Thanks Gator didn't want to show any pics of a monster spring king to the gang

The new engine, fish finder and speed and temp unit are awesome.  The new engine added speed and better get up.  It is nice when you get 4 mph more at the same rpm's as the old engine! 

The new engine, fish finder and speed and temp unit are awesome.  The new engine added speed and better get up.  It is nice when you get 4 mph more at the same rpm's as the old engine! 

Sounds like she was a little tired.