Thanks LOU and Billy V - cayuga south end 4-28

I wanted to thank everyone for the great posts.  I normally fish for walleye and musky, but after reading all the cayuga posts I had to get the boat out and try the salmon for the first time.  We took a friend and his 12 year old son out from Myers and headed south on the east shelf. We went 14-17 with 4 keepers.  We kept a nice 20 incher for dinner and was terrific.  The boy did great and landed 10 (every fish except the 4 doubles).  We ran 8 rods when we could keep up.  Black n silver had the edge over firetiger, sticks or spoons didnt matter they ate! Action was steady on big boards and riggers.  Wasnt sure what temp I was looking for so I let the fish talk to me and started up high 5-10 ft down and did s turns across the shelf.  As the day went on had to keep dropping down to stay with the bite, and ended up 20-25 down.  Got a little rougher so we called it before we could try the lakers, maybe next time.  Everyone sharing info really made a 12 yr olds day, THANKS AGAIN!!  

justin and tracy

21' pontoon set up to troll....yes pontoon :)

Sweet! Great to see a 12yr old having a ball.  I remember my buddies dad taking me when I was that age he was so excited he had a new paper graph at the time! I remember huge bait clouds on that thing and a smelt run that blacked out fall creek. The good old days :)

Ill get a picture posted to this...its nothing fancy...2005 21' tracker fishing barge 25hp bigfoot 4 stoke, cannon long electric riggers, big boards n 2 homemade masts,  minn kota terrova with i-pilot so i can use the trolling motor to steer with the remote when im working lines and landing fish when im alone or just 1 person with me plus the trolling motor allows me to fine tune speed. Hummingbird with side imaging transducer mounted in front so in can turn the trolling motor a little and "see whats in front of the boat with side image to follow tight walleye structure.  Need another in the back too...soon.  Only real downfall is it slow and tough in wind and waves to control, but I like to zigg zag anyway and we fish smaller water Otisco mostly. Tons of room we camp from it and fish adirondack lakes with up to 6 easily.  Did it all myself...first boat other than canoes for tripping on rivers and lakes.