north shore time line......

This is my first year fishing L.O.Don.t know what to expect as far as time line on the north shore. I will be fishing mostly out of Port of Newcastle, Whitby and possibly Pickering. That will be as far east as i would like to go since i live north of Newcastle I could also fish out of Port Hope. Do not know what species will be in these waters and at what time of the year they are there. I gather from the different posts that its mostly browns right now in shallow water. Can browns be caught out of these ports and what about cohoe or rainbows.Also when do you start fishing in the deeper water? Any info would be greatly appreiciated concerning when to fish for what. What about the so called blue zone? how far off shore for this and what should i expect to catch there and when.  I enjoy catching anything does not have to be kings. thanks all.

come on guys..... somebody out there must fish this area of the lake.... don,t want your secrets just general info on where  to start and what to expect.......       thanks again.......

We're fishing north shore out of Kingston.

This time of year the lake trout can be had shallower than normal, browns are usually in shallow as well.  We mainly target lakers.  Not sure of the fishing out of your area, but for browns and salmon I think fishing your way is decent. 

Just get yourself a decent contour map and start fishing the structures, worst case follow some other boats that look like they know what they're doing.

thanks guys.....just thought there would be some one on this side that would know this area. will try spoonpullers and thanks

Now that pike and walleye are open, check out weedy secluded bays and creek mouths.  You can probably get into a school of younger fish right now in those areas.  We did very well on opener in a weedy bay no deeper than 5ft for pike out of Kingston.