GPS Question

I am looking at buying a hand held GPS, the reason for hand held I want to mark the spots I find in the lakes around where I live,  I am new to this area so a GPS will take me to the location. Its also handy for the new trips I am planning.

Dont want to spend a fortune but need something that is relatively accurate.

Thanks for the help

I use a Garmin HC Legend. Works great for what you are doing. You can get a Lakes map to download, but it is not necessary. I use it for hunting as well. I did install Mapsource for the terrain detail. Good luck.

I use a Garmin Dakota 20 & freeware 20ft topo maps for hunting.  Works great fishing for waypoints, speed and heading from the back of the boat but no lake maps (still looking).

Lowrance H2O It won't set you back a whole bunch and it is versatile. The speed function is within a tenth of a mph of my depth finder and I use it to verify the speed and it also is handy when I go hiking or travel in someone else's boat who without a GPS. Takes a secure digital card for extra memory

I have a Garmin Rhino 530HCX handheld that I use hunting. ITs color and has the best GPS receiver of any handheld. also works on 5W..They are pricy but well worth it.