Hopefully my new Kicker

Adk1

Just got a lead from a friend on a 2002 Mercury 9.9 kicker. Should be ideal for my Islander 221V! I hope it works out! Guy wants $450 for it, has new tank and line.

I used a 15 horse Johnson for years 2 stroke on a 18ft Troller that worked great, I still have it and it's going on my new to me 22ft Sea Ray cuddy it's a long shaft and I never had a problem with it. It brought me in to dock one time when I lost 2 cylinders on my 90 Evinrude all the way from the back of Galloo to Henderson Harbor in 3fters, I was never so happy to see the break walls at the mouth of Henderson, we ran the 2 cylinders on the main engine and the 15 horse Evinrude wide open to keep the bow up, I wouldn't be on lake O' without a backup motor!! It wasn't bad because both engines were 2 strokers. I always ran Amsoil smokeless oil it cost a little more, but you weren't chocked to death with fumes.

the 9.9 merc is a 2 stroke

That is just like my Islander. In order to keep the 2 stroke mix tank out of the way I made a bracket on the stern above the kicker.

I used to troll with my 50HP 2 stroke last year, no issues with smoke etc, when using quality oil. I bought West Marine oil once, 1 gallon.couldn't figure out why everyone was caughing :)never a problem with Mercurys oil.

LoL

That is just like my Islander. In order to keep the 2 stroke mix tank out of the way I made a bracket on the stern above the kicker.

Nice. When I bought my islander it came with a nice mounting bracket that holds a 6 gallon tank for the kicker and the downriggers..pretty cool really