has anyone used slide divers before? i bought a pair and i am confused in looking at the depth chart for each of the settings. what setting do i use and how does it relate to the depth that the lure ends up at?

any help would be appreciated, i hear good things about them, i'm thinking its not as complicated as i think

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've used them a lot, mostly for browns. I use them as a stealth rig therefor, I only use clear. I switch the the standard weights out for the heavy weights and add rings. I find they dive deeper than #1 dipsies and approach mag dipsies but, they are more difficult to deploy than regular dipsies. I learned the hard way to never deploy them on the same side with a regular dipsy. They take a bit of time and fumbling to install properly so, I keep them on dedicated rods. Get the Light -Bite version.

The way you read the slide diver depth charts is the topline number is the setting you select on the diver-higher the number farther away from the boat.  Right hand number is the depth you wish to achieve.  The higher your setting the more line you need to achieve desired depth.  Slide diver website www.slidediver.com has diive charts, tips and rigging instructions.  Slide divers work well especially the light bites when you are dealing with small fish.  Like anything the more you use them the more comfortable you'lll be running them.  If you are unsure on setting number start with a 3.   

I won one as a door prize about 10 years ago. Was going thru my stuff & found it this winter. Rigged  it up w/ 30lb braid & a penn 109  reel & 9 ' ugly stick. 25' of 20lb floro a bead ,bb  ring both end swivel & 6' of 15 lb & BB snap swivel. Put it out when things got flat & tough bite . Got about 6 hits or so on it when nothing else would go. 25 ' lead snap & let out .Had to count out by had the setback as reel has no counter, BUT IT WORKED!

Yeah, I should have said I run 30 lb PP with about 40 feet of 30lb Big Game at the end. The slide diver stays on the PP. This method gives the benefits of both PP and Mono without the disadvantages or either. I use about 10 feet of florocarbon leader in front of the bait.