We fished out of sodus today. We started in 40 foot of water and trolled our way out. When we got to about 80 we started noticing a lot of the hooks on the screen, mostly suspended. So down went a 70 rigger with a free slider, an 80 rigger, 10 color core and 150 dipsey, along with an assortment of top lines with red stuff.

We worked 80-130 fow. Every rod took a fish. Sadly, every fish we took was a laker!! They were everywhere hitting everything. I was convinced those suspended marks were kings.., nope. We worked mostly spoons and flasher flies.... But after about two hours of catching lakers, I just gave up and switched to cowbells. We ended up with a put a dozen again, the biggest being 12 lbs. we were done by 10:30 before it got too hot. We worked mostly from the lighthouse to maxwell, 120 was best.

At the end o the day I got a tip that the steelie bite is heating up 200-300 fow on top stuff, so that is all i am doing next time out. Enough lakers..,

I started a little later than I would have liked...I got the lines down closer to 7. I didnt see many marks trolling from 80-120, I went west of the lighthouse. Tried for kings like you did...picked up 2 lakers in about an hour and a half...then headed to 250 and trolled out and back to 315. Picked up a steelhead in about an hour and a half fishing out deep on a thunderstick. Had my 8 year old with me..so that seemed to be enough, the sun was high and hot at that point. I did get a few releases on some spoons out in the deep water down 100 and 120...flasher/fly didnt do anything. Good luck finding the steelies.

70 ft down (over whatever) and 80 ft down etc. that they were running the lures at and 10 color leadccore line (lead weighted line with dacron type covering) which is colored differently every so many ft so you know how much line you have out. 10 different colors is theusual maximum folks are able to get on a reel. It is used for "slight to medium" depth trolling most of the time.

Edited by Sk8man

Fished Sodus today and Friday East of the chute.Friday lots of suspended lakers on wires with a few small steelhead late in the day in the top 20. Today much slower on the lakers for us with a few more steelhead but did catch a 21lb king 25 down over 108 fow. fished 75 to 130 and might try deeper for some steelhead tomorrow if we go out!