Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Chuck, Flasher/fly on copper is one of the deadliest combos for kings once the sun gets high in the sky. Total stealth with that presentation. It has taken many kings for me when none of my other rods would fire. It takes a little practice to run copper but once you figure it out, its deadly!!

Yesterday morning, 8/5. It was nasty lumpy out there. Set up in 130 fow had bait on the bottom and picked up a laker... So headed out deeper and found good bait and fishat 200fow 130-150 down. Temp was down way deep and up and down. Picked up 3 small kings which were given back to the lake and a 30lb Major drag screamer! All kings came on NBK green chip and Hammer fly down 130 on the rigger. Screen went blank and we headed in. Not a great pic but heres my fishing partner Jerry with his king...

post-151524-13758309722237_thumb.jpg

Well after a Saturday where NOBODY should have been on that lake, Sunday proved to be the day. What I have learned over the years is when you have a NW consistent wind that really stirs up the lake as it did on Saturday and then the winds shift overnight to SW and slow down, you get a perfect setup and chop for awesome fishing. Welp for those that went out on Sunday you know what I mean. It was a great day! We went out a little later than most, setup out at 125 and hooked up a double about an hour later. At that point we were in 175 fow. After the double we hit another king. Many others out there had the same fortune. I did notice the fish are starting to darken, thats a good sign because we should have good feeding going on for the next three weeks and you will see the fish coming in even closer before the run starts.

I should have the video of the doubles posted soon. Im just hoping to get copyright clearance from ACDC lol....But it was a great weekend. It did seem to slow down this am as I heard on the radio. Makes sense because if they really fed heavy as they did yesterday (keep in mind these bad boys are just starting to think spawn) it would make sense today is slower.

A front moves in tomorrow and she may kick up but for sure fishin is on as it should be and you all should enjoy a great time on the water.

Lol well thank you Angus for letting me use your music lol. Its as simple as this, when you get doubles......its a long way to the top lol..

Edited by mrclean

Thanks lol. Ive always said its all in the music lol. But yea you should be in good shape if its like any other year this time frame. Typically end of Aug  to mid Sept is really good. It does seem like Fall is approaching quickly now. The vegetation in the bay is getting lighter (by color) and I see things like confused bees and geese forming "V",s already.

But regardless fishing should be alright lol. Were gonna head back out on Wednesday and keep tabs on em.

Heres a shot of the Time Flyes crew. Most of the fish are in the ranges of low to mid 20's . Mark on the left is holding a 28lb which have been the bigger size of the litter.

1095004_3285767280938_889292740_n.jpg

We got out yesterday.  Started setting up in 125 fow and trolled out. ..Starting hitting fish right away, and worked that waypoint for the rest of the morning.  Went 10-14 in around 3 hours. Quick 3 man limit and got another one which we tossed while clearing rods.  Had to make room in the cooler, but a good morning for sure.  Looks like lots of fish are starting to show at this end of the lake now.  Pure Mayhem for the short time we were out.  Every rod we had out took a shot with the exception of one dipsey which we couldn't get to fire.    Most fish were in the 22-26 pound class but we did get one that was 29.  Took the cooler to Oswego on the way home to have them cleaned so we wouldn't have to deal with the carcasses.  Shot of the big fish below as well as a shot after the first hour when we had to make room in the cooler!.

IMG_7682.jpgIMG_0164.jpg

Edited by AnglingAddict

Shes a blowin today lol. But the good news is she calms down for the weekend. Fishin in great! Go get em lol. I have to go to the Norwich Blues fest and work some bands tomorrow. Ill be playin in around 175 fow saturday for sure.

Lol well this weekend was a "tony the tiger" weekend,,,GRRRRRREAT!!!

The good news, fish were on everything from spoons to dipsy's etc. The bad news....you had to go at least to 300 to find them. Some did well out in the 600 fow range. Temp was weird. We were at 286 , 100plus down and it was 71 lol. But it didnt matter because once you hit the fish there they were.

Today was different, after a glass night watching the sunset she boiled up abit (as it always does) fishing slowed down today which is normal after a good feed this time of year.

I think the Fair Haven Challenge next weekend should be good fishin. It would be nice to see them come in a little bit. We' ll see..

Ill have a vid up soon. We went out Saturday night. I figured it was going to be a quick night for a fish because it cools down real fast up here now and they do hit well at a certain time.

Yesterday was a strange day.  We caught a couple kings.......And an 8.5# Walleye on a Nuke green mag slider on a 105 rigger! Gotta love whacky temps!

It was unique for sure. The fish are waaaaayyyyyyy out deep. Temp is at ridiculous levels and really as much as fish came in, it was a long day for many. Many of the fish came during the mid part of the day between 11 and 2pm which for those who went out early it was a gas burner...That is common this time of year particularly as the fish do their pre school dance.

Saturday night was the perfect setup for a "jiggy"...Whats that??? lol. Welp its when conditions are right usually in the afternoon/evening, you go out to your favorite old marks, put em down, find it, catch it and come back....all within a two hour total trip period lol...

So Saturday night I said to my neighbors...." lets go Jiggy"..So we headed out to deep water, set the lines on some old marks, had it on in 20 minutes,  Was it a big king...hell yea, did it take 20 minutes to bring in?? Yup Total jiggy time....1 hour 45 minutes..

Thanks bub. Was trying to do it from my phone with the lou app. Check it out when I get home to my lap top. Had a great day out of Sodus and wanted to post it to try to help people like this site helps me from tome to time.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Lol yea for sure mikey lol. Ill be up sometime during the weekend. I have some stage work to do at the state fair starting Thursday.  I bailed out on carley rae Jepsen and reba so I could fish lol so I know I have friday and saturday off. 

I heard you did great, you hit it right thats for sure.  see u this weekend