Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Its been the same. waaaaay down and out deeeeep lol. But a front moves in tomorrow and lets see if that changes anything.

Good luck to everyone who enters the fair haven challenge this weekend.  weather wise it should be perfect and so should the fishing...

561927_3310936590155_18547564_n.jpg

Thanks lol I wish I could go jiggy it today but unfortunately I have to head to the 1000 Islands to drop off the best boat cleaner in the industry lol....(thats a very bias statement btw but is supported by many others lol)

Ohh well at least im on the water  lol

Did well yesterday in 180-240 range. Key was to stay away from the pack and just fish the marks. We ended the morning trip with 5 for 9 which included a 10.5 lb steelhead and kings 14.5, 22, 24.5, and 28.5 lbs. mix of flies and cut bait all fished DEEP down 100+post-144505-13774367687666_thumb.jpg

post-144505-13774367913799_thumb.jpg

I missed the last coupla weekends due to family obligations and we had a blown head gasket to boot... Headed back out this weekend to see if the ole B.A.R None can put us on that LOC slammer! Stayin at Screwy Louies yet again. See you out there!

Aww man all ive been doing since the state fair started is ****ing lol. People have been saying to me :wouldnt you rather hang out with Lynard Skynard, Styx, Toby Keith etc... I tell em nope I wanna go fishin lol.....

Funny thing is I almost had the whole Lynard Skynard band go fishing out of bayside marina Tuesday but they had to get on the road. Some of them have actually charted out on LO.,,very avid fisherman they are....

I definitely plan on being at the bayside marina party on Sunday and will fish sunday and monday so Ill see you guys then. Fishin has been great so we should all be in good shape..

see everyone on the water Sunday!

Spotty thats what it was lol. Welp basically the fish are anywhere from 80 to 200 fow. They are turning black and big and they should be jumping around here really soon. Some went ouit and got 0, others came in with a few nice ones.

Now that September is here the fun can really start up. The lake will boil up tonight and thru wednesday then she settles down. A few cold nights and we should really be in good shape...

Slow today lol. Nice rollers on the lake.  Some at 4 ft but very smooth. Coming from all directions too...Reports consisted of lots of hits and off which is common this time of year. There are fish in close around 70 and out in 200 but realistically it was slow only  a few fish caught . I wanted to chart the hole which i normally do this time of year so we fished it this afternoon. The place is getting busy, Marked alot of fish but we didnt move anything. Only played around for about a good hour and now that I have it plotted I can work it later this week after the front passes. Once they start packin in heavy we like to go a them with these ...

AHM_HM_561.jpg

Well see what happens lol

Edited by mrclean

Most fish we marked were right on the bottom today and they were active. Lots of streaks through the downriggers and lots of knock offs. Broke a nice fish off on the rigger and lost a screamer on the wire. The fish on the wire made a nasty 100 foot run, settled down for a bit and made another 100 foot run, then he got serious and headed North! Temp was all mixed up. Ended up boating a huge small mouth and small coho. Our first smallmouth on a flasher fly! We fished the 100 to 160 range, Best bite was East with the waves. Got pretty bumpy out there later in the day. Probably our last trip of the year. 

Good luck to all and be safe out there.

Ohhh thanks guys and its great others post in here too! Glad to see it work out. But there is still more fishin to go lol. I know many pull their boats out after the 1st but really once they school up in the hole area we could be doing some nice fishing really in close particularly inside the chute...Since they started that feeder project the salmon now run in right up to the docks lol...hopefully anyway lol...

But there is more time and we shall keep at it lol....hopefully for the better of course...Im going back out Wednesday after this stuff moves thru....cause i liked what I saw in the hole....

Right about here lol

king.jpg

Its located right outside the chute at Fair Haven NW about a 1/4 mile out. Depth wise it goes from 30 feet to 56 feet in a radius thats pretty big. Once your past it heading N it goes back to 28 feet but for years we fished it this time of year because the salmon school in there before they begin their run.

I dont think there are alot of fish in the Oswego river right now. That I would typically start fishing in about 2 weeks from now (thats just me). I love fishin the locks once they start running in the river...

But like I said the last few years we had a real salmon run in Fair Haven. All those feeders come back and we will continue to go out deep for fish but realistically the fun is in close this time of year....

If we dont do well in the hole were gonna attack just inside the chute... we shall see lol

Edited by mrclean

Thank MC. I can only do it when I can get away, so as they say " A bad fishing is still better than a day at work"

One year '88 I think, we killed them in the mouth of the salmon with SR9 Shad Raps. Couldn't keep em off the line. But that was then. I've never heard of anyone ever doing that since. It was one of those things where we just anchored up behind the break water, and had a ball.