Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

I still use shad raps lol....anything that will get em pissed works at that point lol. Ive settled out on hot n tots. And the funny thing is the hooks are right in the mouth. they hate em lol...

But im sure you will see something going on in the rivers. You never know ive seen em move in over night in Oswego.

The lake is calming down so hopefully wednesday we can hit our hole and see what happens lol..

good luck if you go in the rivers, should be fun like you said

• 2 weeks later...

Boy what a beautiful Fall day it was yesterday! The lake level has dropped and the hole is full of jumping fish. I got out there, the place is stacked and I had one on as I made my first pass thru. I think I hooked it in the back because it just didnt want to come close. I fought it for abit then she said later lol....I also picked up some on the finder just inside the chute. I would say in the next week or so they should be moving in steadily and we should be having a blast!

A couple of guys went deeper for cohos but to no avail which is common...Hopefully some of those bad boys follow the salmon in...we shall see....but the big blacks are getting ready....stay tuned..

we have a hole out side pultneyville also. It to is nw of port and drops off to almost 60 ft then rises up to fifty.In past years when the salmon stocking was high ,it was a good spot.The last several years I have seen few fish in there .Maybe Fairhaven is getting more salmon in the spring to stock then we do.Great reports.Good  thing J plugs are still productve somewhere.

Yup no problem guys. Like I said hopefully they turn on maybe by the end of this weekend. With this Fall pattern weather wise forming the switch should turn on real soon. Ive got my smaller boat ready to hammer em once they move in the bay lol...

Some other locals said they have seen a few "swarmers" inside but until we see them jumping no reason to get excited.....

Ohhh and this goes out to anyone who still has their boat in the water, specifically if you have not been to your boat since labor day and maybe are not close to it ....You should make sure your battery is still charged. Reason being we have had a few boats start filling up with water because the battery dies due to the cold nights and then the bilge pumps dont work and the next thing you know, water has filled up the dog house...This can be a problem particularly for I/O's where the water line fills up above the oil pan...

So check your boats or have someone do so....

We got out yesterday off Sodus before the front came through and did a couple 12 lb coho's in 65-100 fow. Had two kings on and something small on the 50 ft rigger that shook free too. Coho's came on Savage Gear stickbait, and carmel dolphin spin doc with mirage fly, both on the wires out 190 on a 3 setting. King hits came on carmel dolphion set up and RRRed echip with a hypnotist fly. The south winds had brought the temp up, we had 50 degrees down 40 ft (44 degress down 55). Best down speed was 2.4-2.5. We marked quite a few fish from top to bottom - they'll be moving in the bays soon!!

Edited by Finders Keepers

Thanks for the info Mr Clean.

Be up next weekend if the weather is not crazy bad. Should be able to whack some cohos and rainbows. Maybe we will try the hole if its not too crowded. Might pull the old girl out after that

Jerry may be there this weekend to give it a whirl.

Barndog

Yea there here. I fished a little Friday but didnt get anything. Im going back tomorrow.  Ray who camps next to me got a nice one. Gonna put my little boat in and go hammer em lol..

Yeah, we helped Doug and Ray cover TimeFlys... Talked to them for a bit afterwards. Nice guys. You will definately meet us next year. Jerry bought the camp on the end... See u next spring! Lol!

Boy what a blast!. Basically the kings have moved in and continue to do so. Big ones all close to 30lbs. If you fish the chanel that goes into the pond at the state park they are there. Kings jumping around inside the chute as well. In our marina they are right at our docks. I went 4 for 9 since Friday (photos to come) other neighbors pulled out big kype jaw males. Nice and black the way we like em lol.....

It should get even better over the next week or so.

Another fun weekend. Boy they are still jumping all over. big ones, huge males with kype jaws and females fat and sassy. All black.  I had a lot of on/offs but others pulled in some nice ones. We might get another week out of this run we shall see.....Great weather too... Finally my boat comes out next week sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Sunday they were still in there. That Tuesday earlier they were backs on top of backs in the shoe. Im going back up tomorrow to close the boats and see if they are still there. I would like to think if they are they are pretty spent...lol but one never knows...

Wind was brutal today lol...

Heres a short clip courtesy of st mag on some of the fun we have been having

[/youyube]

• 4 months later...

Well I go away snowboarding for 5 months and its nice to see warm weather. I was going to put my boat in tomorrow and go hammer em (jk) lol. But hey were gonna get a foot of snow tomorrow they say lol. This Winter was a good one. Still plenty of snow and ice on the lake. It is warming though so soon enough we should be back on the water ....

Heres a stoke vid from last year(which really wasnt that far back) to get you goin lol...CU soon...