Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Hello Everyone, my party of 4 is looking to head over to fairhaven on April 10-14th, any updates available on fishability? Does anyone think that it will not be fishable from the state park by april 10th? I understand that these questions may not be answerable, but would love your input! We are just trying to make work plans as we have a 7 hour ride to get there.

Thank you,

Jason

it could  be tough  this year Jason I am going   on the 19th  and plan  to  put in at the state park cause I don't think the pond will be  open.  Things  need to change in a big way  tween now and then.  I would say  that you  will be able to get in  Oswego  by  then.

I'm heading up to Oswego on the 26th and I'm worried about getting out then as well. Like BAITNH there needs to be some big changes. I looked at the hrly for the weekend and it stays around 32 with snow showers Sat and Sunday..........

Does anyone have any insight on how long it typically takes to go ice free from when the weather breaks?

Spike

Im going around tomorrow to take a hard look lol. Like everyone elses specualtions it does look like mid april at least...keep in mind with all the thick ice that was in the lakes i am concerned about floaters...big ones.....

ill take some more photos...

Wow what a difference makes....No ice at all, place was wide open, The chute is clear, just a little ice out on the points. I see no reason why anyone with a trailer cant be on their way there now.... I thought for sure it would be as I left it last week but boy I was shocked....Ill post a vid later.....but yea its all clear

Ohhh yea...Its April fools day lol...Here is reality.

1970577_4016535029675_1222182010_n.jpg

Honestly I think its at least 3 weeks out before its even safe to consider. Im still more concerned about floating debri in the water. Theres gotta be a lot of shore damage out there with all this ice.

It has melted some, problem is it is still cold enough to slow it down until night time. We really do need a good week of 60's then the problem gets solved...but thats a long shot as I look at the next 10 day weather out look...

Believe me I like the april fools senario better...lol but it looks like mother nature is fooling us now....stay tuned .....

Ohhh yea...Its April fools day lol...Here is reality.

1970577_4016535029675_1222182010_n.jpg

Honestly I think its at least 3 weeks out before its even safe to consider. Im still more concerned about floating debri in the water. Theres gotta be a lot of shore damage out there with all this ice.

It has melted some, problem is it is still cold enough to slow it down until night time. We really do need a good week of 60's then the problem gets solved...but thats a long shot as I look at the next 10 day weather out look...

Believe me I like the april fools senario better...lol but it looks like mother nature is fooling us now....stay tuned .....

Not funny... :(:mooning:

The bay is still frozen, here is this mornings view from my place,  but it is getting there. It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow and the temps are mostly above freezing for the week. Only a couple of days below average so I can see it disapating at a steady pace...

1979592_4024130059546_1303094777_n.jpg

For those coming toward the mid end of April id say it might be ok......until it really gets out of our way safely were all kinda trapped right now lol...

10168011_4024130499557_684711275_n.jpg

Lets see what this week brings...its getting there.....stay tuned lol

Thanks for the updates and pics... I was supposed to join a group heading out tomorrow, but we bagged it a couple of weeks ago when it was locked up tight... Has anyone fished out of the State Launch yet?? Now it looks like Oswego around the 25th for another trip... Hope the bite is on...