Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Just left from a four day stay at the state park. Fishing was incredible! Can't wait to come back next spring! Just fileted all our fish and saw that we aren't supposed to eat any over 20"s and everything we kept were bigger than that, so can I get some opinions on this. Thank you in Advance! Here are few pics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-154399-13986450731883_thumb.jpg

post-154399-13986451375922_thumb.jpg

post-154399-13986451663272_thumb.jpg

post-154399-13986451967402_thumb.jpg

post-154399-13986452366049_thumb.jpg

post-154399-13986452568099_thumb.jpg

post-154399-13986452761045_thumb.jpg

post-154399-1398645386877_thumb.jpg

post-154399-13986454064493_thumb.jpg

post-154399-13986454268489_thumb.jpg

post-154399-13986454452616_thumb.jpg

In the NY fish and game book it says not to eat any brown trout over 20 inches.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by JC7

Things change. Personally I think it's all a bunch of over reaction. Can't say I've ever heard of anyone ever getting sick or dying due to consumption of lake O fish. Just eat in moderation and you shouldn't grow another head or start glowing.

We eat fish of every size whether it's perch, trout, salmon, and walleye about twice a week and the rest is venison except 1 night that is either pork or chicken.  With all the preservatives, hormones, and whatever else they feed livestock that is in store bought meats eating those fish can't be much worse if not better.

If it hasnt killed me yet it wont by now lol..But honestly the smaller ones taste better lol...

FIshin is still great. Todays bite was early so for those that got out by 6 you did well. If your like me who stayed in and got out after 9 all you got was a good view lol...I stayed out for a few hours went east then west. Good shakedown run.

There were some nice ones at the station today. Some close to 10 lbs...

10177980_4096992081051_85299238124860719

Lol well it does look like rain rain rain the rest of the week. But that changes daily up here lol. Check the noaa around wednesday that will have a clearer view of the weekend.

There are kings being caught in the Same water as browns. I did find some water that was pushing 50 degrees. I haven't heard of anyone specifically targeting them but do know there a few around

'Bout Time

Mike

Went out of Fair Haven this morning with my buddy Josh and his dad.  Hit a mixed bag of browns, lakers and kings.  Pretty steady action all morning.  No real fire drills but managed to put over 20 fish in the boat. Fished until about 10:15am and then picked up and headed in.  C&R'd all the browns and  the 3 Lakers with the exception of 1 brown which was gill wrapped and wouldn't have made it.  They boxed the 3 kings we landed. Found water that ranged from 44 to 46.5 degrees with areas of some color and other areas that were pretty clear.   Biggest king went a little over 17 pounds, another around 15 and one around 12.  No real big browns - biggest brown went around 7 pounds.  Decent morning on the water regardless.  Pretty even split between spoons and sticks in terms of what they were hitting. 

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_6695.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_6750.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

Edited by AnglingAddict

Just got back  from Fair Haven have been there for 2 weeks  with most days  over 40 fish. We fished  from 6-25 foot  of water and along the mud lines when there. Got  5 kings up to 22lbs  8 or more lakers  up to 20lbs, a few  rainbows  up to 12 lbsand the rest browns up to 14lbs. We did get a lot of cookie cutters  the first few days and then went to mag spoons on the riggers and larger sticks  up to a j13 size  and we did  get  more larger fish.  I cant understand  that  there  were  many days nobody was there  fishing  like seeing 4-6 boats a day. I am 6 hours away  if it were closer i would be there  everyday.

NHBAIT, did you have amazing success on the custom painted baits from John Snyder as we did?

I have to say most mornings  they hit anything  we put on the boards 80 % catch  was on thunderstick jr  j110 j150 j109  being real hot  as well  as  fire tigers, bleeding shad. We also  put  2mag spoons  on the riggers   and got a lot of bigger fish on them.

Well after last nights awesome lightening display and winds shifting and dying off I figure this am would be a good shot. Basically my story is I worked right around the chute it was loaded. As a neighbor boat passed me he asked how I was doing, as I replied "a big fat zero but only been out about an hour" I look back and dropped the mic lol.

I could tell it was a size-able fish the way the line screamed. I ruled out a laker because it kept fighting, figured maybe a steelhead but it wasn't jumping. Whatever it was certainly met its match once it decided my huge rebel jointed perch was its meal lol..Fun fight,  took a while but I got it done..

Others came in with some nice browns. East or West it doesn't matter, don't be bashful past 15. Hopefully we can all get out tomorrow...