Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Thanks guys it was a fun fight. Ive had this old rebel Jointed perch a big one thats a great flat line lure. You put that baby back a good 200 plus feet and she will do the rest. I just put it on before it hit. But the fishin is good. I dont know what todays wind does but yesterday the mud line was just around the chute and thats where it hit....

Boy that NW Wind kicked up some nice 2+ footers this am. We went out around the east side of the chute for a couple of hours and gave up. Others did and are doing the same. Were gonna see if she calms maybe an afternoon run. but you can get inside the corner where it does show the fish we just didnt get any movement....except for whats in our bellys lol

Hey weather looks great should be fun fishin for sure. Im hoping to go in the am and figure it out but hopefully we all do good this weekend. Still plenty of kings and browns in close so lets go get em lol

Very slow lol. we didnt move a rod yesterday. Only a few fish came in for the day. A few steelheads and a small king and a couple of browns. Looks like transition time is right on que lol. Lets see what today brings. It is much nicer weather so at least get out and enjoy it...

Hey what a great weekend get out if you already have not lol. Welp the last few days have been the did's and the didnt's lol. I went out deep (200 fow) with a few others looking for kings and it was hit and miss, I missed lol. Although some did catch steelheads on top. There is also great fishing for browns, kings and steelheads in 30 fow particularly east toward the second and third bluffs. Some nice kings were brought in from that area. Also spoke with someone who bought the old "rustic" boat. They boated a big steelhead (36 inches) just outside oswego.. in 30 fow...

So basically 30fow or 150-20o fow, take your pick temps in both areas...

Im going back at it tomorrow am, should be a good week...

Well last night me and captn Bill of "positive thinkin" took off for an evening run. He wanted to go deep, I wanted to stay in close lol. He says I am going too fast, I say im not going fast enough lol. He says I should head east, I say west lol. Total communication breakdown lol..

We basically started at 150 worked out passed 200. We used my combo of spoons and sliders so we could have multiple depths. I kept seeing big schools of fish down past 100 so I dropped my line down to 60. As we moved in closer towards 80 feet I saw even more on the bottom. Then it hit. when I picked up the rod something wasnt right. It was a fish but was not fighting like normal. Come to find out we had two fish on the line, one on the main the other on a slider.

You can see at 1.25 on the vid how the rod pops up(you can see me quickly look up) and I see it take off only to find there was another brown on the slider lol... We were only out about an hour or so.

But it should be a great weekend for everyone who goes. Lake is fine. FIsh at 150+ and still in close between 30 and 60....So take your pick and go get em lol

great reports Mr Clean  as I sit here in New Hampshire  knowing that I wont be in Fair Haven  till July 19th  but when I get there it feels  like I didn't miss a thing.   Keep  up the good  work

Thanks guys . I kinda wished we got the first one but it happens... I made me a bunch of sliders for this weekend lol.

Boy that is a big kype jaw....Like I said that boat seems to draw fish to it.....

Weather looks great for this weekend. Im gonna hit it tomorrow afternoon. Im starting at 30fow and working out this time....

10434224_4197268867908_14012525310706177

Mr. Clean, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to create and maintain this thread. I was out of action for a couple years due to some health issues; but if you take a look on the other side of the marina, you will see that my boat is finally back in the water and rigged for action! Look forward to talking to you at the dock or on the water. Kindest regards...8-]

-Valinote

Edited by Valinote

Hey I was glad to see the valinote back in the water....you got a nice craft there.....Ill see you around for sure. Now that I got my cleaner orders put together I can go have fun lol....Good luck everyone see you on the water...

had a trip today water temp is being pushed in 200 fow is 44-42 degrees on the surface 140 fow is 48 and 100 fow is 50 degrees. all out fish came from 100-140 40 and 50 down on the riggers and flat lines off the boards small orange spoons and sticks. kept 11 lost 3 big steelheads a king and a big laker. and had a bunch of shorts but it was a great 20+ fish day. 

Yup and we stayed right in the 100 to 110 range. We fished between the 2nd. bluff and the sterling field (just past moon beach)....

Well  today me and Capt n Dale decided to go look for some tush aboard the "Fandango". We left dock at 7, Nice boat ride until 10. We ended up with 7 total as a mixed bag of Kings, Coho, Steelies and a nice mud chicken lol. We used spoons and a live bait rig. The only thing that didn't fire was the dipsey which goes against the grain lol...I went back out tonight but it shut down for the evening lol.

Others did well too but nothing much past 140...So go get tomorrow early.....just go to 100 and setup lol...

We had a fantastic weekend out of Fair Haven.  Both Sat and Sun we were out and set up by 5:30 AM. Started at 100 FOW. Worked in that area for about 45 minutes, then headed out.  Caught our 1st fish about (5:45 Sat) (6:30 Sun)Am in 160FOW.  Worked out to about 220FOW.  Most fish came between 180 and 210FOW. Ran planners with a spoon with a 1 ounce dive bomer on top.  Lead line down the chute and riggers between 25 and 55 dn. 7 colors out on the lead line.  Everything on spoons.  Had a few spinny/fly and flasher/flys out but no hits. Most hits taken on black magic and the wrecking ball.   Mostly steelies, coho,  with a few kings and an occassional lake trout.  Had steady action both days. Largest King weight 22.5lb.

post-146574-0-61014600-1402331978_thumb.jpg