Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

I don't know. It blew like hell all day yesterday from the north. This morning there was warm muddy water out as far as I could see from the bluff at Holiday Harbor.  Hopefully we won't get a similar blow from the south and things will settle down by the next time I get out on Friday.

-Steve D

Been out the past two days. Besides the 3' waves both days, the fleas are terrible, and we havent found any kings. Made a living off browns and steelhead. Didnt go out past 140' today because of the south wind making it rough farther out.

Yea when its really wavy its no fun. Now that im done with harborfest, were gonna put a new set of plugs in and give her a go tomorrow night thru the weekend. Usually after she settles down its pretty active. Tomorrow am if you can go might be prime...

Well some say its slow, others say its good lol. Yesterday not much did come in, everyone worked out 200 fow +. 100 down. Seems like meat is the key.

I went out this am with captn bill and positive thinkin, we went 2 for 7...A solid 7 we fought all the fish but the steelheads shook the hooks. At one point we were 0-3 lol...We ended up with 2 kings, one small maybe 6 lbs, the other a big boy 22lbs. Ill make a vid tomorrow.

The lake is calm, so start around 150 and work out to 300 if you want, 100 down mostly from what we did....

Edited by mrclean

Lets recap shall we lol. Two weeks ago the fish were nice guys. You couldnt keep them out of the boat. They were hitting on everything. But recently its been more like no more mr. nice guys.. There are a lot of steel heads out there shaking hooks while jumping around. The kings have been few and far between but you just cant give up is all.

Heres our vid from yesterday. We lost a lot but in the end got a nice one so it made the day....

Itl pick up....

Well once again this weekend presented challenges for those who took to the lake. Reports from the invitational in Oswego strongly indicated it was a one fish, two fish tournament. The lake was ripped up during the middle of the week which doesn't really help either....

Despite all that we went out with a good attitude in picture perfect conditions with nothing more than a thought of letting the good times roll.. Several of the charter captains gave up on salmon early and heading in to 60 fow for some browns. We worked straight out of the silos, started at 120 and worked thru some of captn chucks famous marks all the way out to 325. Most of the fish came around the 230 mark.. Most went east, we stayed west and did what we do best...

We ended up 6 for 8 plus one balloon off the planner board lol.

Let the good times roll lol

Edited by mrclean

Pretty soon they will be moving in so everyone can get a quick shot before the spawn.  Theres still plenty of time left Heck we have not even hit the Fair Haven Challenge yet.

32 pound king caught on white cap charters monday morning.  this was our clients first king ever, now how do u beat that!!!!!! However fishing has been slow for most out of fairhaven, becoming frustrated with salmon fishing and targeting browns in the skinny water. Covering lots of water and finding the bait with active fish has been the key. Bait all over the place no wonder why these fish aren't hungry! Fishing can only get better though so keep on grinding!!!!! Good luck to all. Go get em!

post-142451-0-91929900-1407856848_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Monday we were 6/14. Four kings, a big coho, and a steelhead. The coho and steelhead were on spoons and the rest were a mix of flies and meat. Fish were very deep and mag dipsys and copper got most hits. Riggers got a king, a cohos and a steelhead. 7 or 8 hits on copper.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey hey ice is gone so game on. A buddy of mine went yesterday and today, nice browns in close , mid size, standard procedures lol...Word of caution...water level VERY VERY VERY low. I was poking around the marina today and I am seeing rocks and logs I have not seen in decades literally.....I went down to  the shoreline and it looked  pretty thin as well so be careful...

988918_10200294192555367_323020309491349

Coming back to fish out of Fairhaven in the middle of June. I have not been there in 12 years...can't wait. Love reading these reports..Thanks for Sharing I'll be looking for some help once I get up there. Chasing striper in the Chesapeake till then.

Hopefully everyone has a great year...

Once I get my canvas re sewed she should be in the water. Im thinking this coming week for sure I should be on the schedule for the drop in...I might however take my little 12 footer out with a few stick baits and hammer em that way lol (weather permitting of course lol)

Edited by mrclean