Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

For those coming in this weekend for the Fair Haven 4th of July here is the schedule of events. One big change is that the boat parade is on Saturday at noon (normally it was on Friday).  Everything else remains as in the past but here is the schedule if anyone is interested.

11214228_455077967986462_286555294297022

Happy 4th everyone. Thats what the fish said lol. Cause they were not biting lol. It was basically a two fish per boat weekend all the way thru Mostly lakers and some nice salmon in the teens is all. Honestly you were better off with the family around a grille imo lol. But hey the weather was nice and the fireworks at fair haven were excellent this year. Once the thermocline sets up we should be in good shape. For now browns are still there but you gotta get out early cause it seems to shut down around 10ish.

Went out this morning trolling for browns in 40' 20' down East of the chute and got a 20" small mouth on a Stinger spoon. Yesterday picked up a 22' brown the same way. Later out to 214' dropped a nice steelhead off a planer with a deep diving stick bait.   Very slow weekend.  

• 2 weeks later...

Boy its hot, real hot I have not seen it this good in years....Ohhh Im not talking fishing im talking summer heat lol. Fishing is slow but if you spend all day out there you should come back with a small to mid size salmon, nice lakers and some big browns. I came up empty handed today especially after I threw the white towel in lol...Salmon are out deep past 175 but there are still browns in close but you should get up real early and get the bite cause the heat and calm water just dont help. Even in the bay I couldnt catch any bass just one of those weekends ..A nice cold front would help lol

• 2 weeks later...

Lol yes there is. they seem to be out past 150 to 250, down around 75. Yesterday they had three buckets full in the marina thats awesome. Im gonna give it a go Thursday. Im pumped everyone's gettin em. Now that I have a break from stage work hopefully I can join in lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been so damn windy lol. Every time I want to go out its too rough to want to deal with it. While I was at a festival last weekend in Pulaski reports said we didnt miss much. Rough seas and for the few brave little return.

This weekend was the same for me. I arrive along with the wind and seas lol. Ohh well for all of you who traveled miles to get here to find what I did...It's character build I guess....

However for those who did get out this weekend the kings were out deep anywhere between 160 and 400. Majority are fishing well into the 3's. Some nice kings did come back yesterday but it was a long day to get em.

Today is beautiful btw no seas nice day to fish lol. Lets see what it brings...

Fish are at 130 to 200 last night they were 100 ft down. last night was beautiful but no fish lol. I think it was so nice even the fish just wanted to hang lol. Some are catching them, most are not but keep at it cause they gotta turn on soon. ets see what we get today.

11229406_10200717529858535_3773498571232

Edited by mrclean

1 for six yesterday afternoon/evening. 4 on cut bait/twinkie rigs and 2 on spoons.  Fish scattered, from 150-500 FOW

Sunday AM 1 for 3. 21 pounder  on cut bait with twinkie rig down   2 dipsies took off screaming, then just  drop them.  One on cut bait the other old fashion dodger and fly.  All three come 550-600 fow about 100 down.

Heading up Fri for 2 weeks for the derby, sure hope the fishing picks up

It will get there. we need a nice harsh cold front to move thru get em goin lol.  We are seeing fish a little closer particularly toward the evening. Keep at it, it will happen

After a tough weather week im glad the lake provided some decent fishing for the Fair Haven Challenge, Congrats to the winners and it looked like an excellent turnout. Kudos to all behind the scenes...

Its been hit or miss, some are fishing waaaaayyyyy out past 500 others playing around closer between 90 and120 fow They are out there you just need to find them.

This is one of my more unusual reports but I honestly think one of the best lol. Every now and then I get a feeling while fighting a fish that its gonna beat me. Odds are in my favor for the most part but every now and then you get that fish that gives you that feeling that it will win.

This video shows my fight today. Nobody likes to loose a fish particularly charters and buddies on the boat ,but when your on your own, with everything thats going on around you, by the end of it all, if something does go wrong, its all good....

Lol after all it is called fishing. I actually feel bad for the fish, she got away but still has that spoon kissing her lips shut. If someone happens to catch a king salmon approx 24lbs with a black and purple nk28 with a white backside sticking in her jaw.....Just give me back the spoon lol...

• 2 weeks later...

As the trend has continued its been 1 or 2 per day some with more luck many with less luck. This week was not too exciting. The State Fair really didnt sound that bad of a choice lol. Ive been working the fair and decided I wanted a few hours off so I came to camp last night just for a fire. I did fish the hole for about an hour. There are fish there at evening  and it was a cool sunset but I honestly just made a few circles I knew nothing would pop..

11988406_10200771866216910_7923205218243

I wake up this am and captn Duane was sitting there having his morning coffee. I said " lets go" and off we went. No fancy video, no real care....Lets just go....

We spent about an hour and a half out there and pulled in this 28lb king. Nice one. Simple  meat rig.. 120 down in 140 fow. Guys were coming in when I left with one or two kings and they are getting there so I think you all should have a great weekend. Start at 90 in the am work out to 200. You should try the hole in the early am but really later at sunset.

You should have this by then....

11999003_10200771866296912_8288533862227

• 5 months later...

Well hello all. Im sure your all wondering whats going on at Fair Haven. Welp Mr. Clean is here to give ya the goods lol.

Its definitely going to be a mild spring I think. There is still Ice fishing however its limited to the extreme south of the bay.

12799031_10201267288842166_7867286551079

The ice will go quickly if this weather pattern continues. I would say mid to end of March if it does stay warm.

12794379_10201267289242176_6482309293323

But today is a beautiful day in Fair Haven.  Like I said I could see fishing by mid to end of March but lets not get too cocky. It can turn in the opposite direction but for today....it looks good..

12794573_10201267288922168_9130446593404

Ill update everyone in a couple of weeks....