Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Yea it kinda got me going. Theres nothing like the first day out in Spring Time. I mean you know the browns are in close, you still gotta wear your heavy jackets/hats, Spring wind patterns, no leaves on the trees yet.

I went back in time , found this video of me and my son, 5 years ago lol.  How time passes. Since then hes moved to the carolinas, good car mechanic and this is something he does miss...

But anyway heres to a great Spring thaw out....

Yea it kinda got me going. Theres nothing like the first day out in Spring Time. I mean you know the browns are in close, you still gotta wear your heavy jackets/hats, Spring wind patterns, no leaves on the trees yet.

I went back in time , found this video of me and my son, 5 years ago lol.  How time passes. Since then hes moved to the carolinas, good car mechanic and this is something he does miss...

But anyway heres to a great Spring thaw out....

Love the vid buddy - great Plant song!.

Thanks for sharing - good luck this year,

Chris

I admit lol That vid came out really good thanks guys

It looks like we might hit 60 next week but i really dont get that excited yet because we all know what March can do. However there isnt much ice so who knows....but it looks good

So for lol. Lets just remain hopefully cautious...

12791118_10201267288802165_7553040538364

The video really sets the stage for the R PLANT tune, I guess we're all getting older when we can relate to the same tune. My daughters age 11 are like who was that dad. The ice looks like it might be tough yet but with the temp in the 60's it doesn't stand a chance. Once it starts melting from the top and the bottom, it goes quick!! Great job MR CLEAN!!

No the chutes are not open the park has frozen broken ice jams all over the place. we should have a better idea later this week once we hit those to 60 degree days were supposed to get.

But again at least a while before its even close

Well after a beautiful day here in Fair Haven I would say the ice should be gone by this weekend as long as it stays like it is. There is still heavy chunks of ice floating in the chute and stacking up the launch and park areas. If you could get out the shoreline is clear.

12832304_10201297176469338_2037581919812

There is a good amount of debris washed up on shore so that means there is more out there ...I could see floaters out there

12791024_10201297176829347_8631512750758

But the line is drawn in the sand and it looks real good for this weekend or shortly thereafter but remember its still early,,,,

12803066_10201297176909349_3806622715239

To put things into perspective for this year, I was out in my kayak trolling alone last year on April 12th and was dodging those ice chucks coming out of the chute while the ramp was still frozen in.  That puts us a month ahead of last year.

Lol dont worry I cant get out yet still ice jammin up. But it does look like just another week at least from the south end of the bay. As long as it stays warm like it is....

1916732_10201308035460806_18303496921956

I fished Fair Haven this morning from 7am -9:30 and the pond and Little Sodus are ice free with no more ice chunks floating in the lake.  There was a lot of floating debris though and was hard to keep it off the hooks.  Temps ranged from 39.0 - 42.2 between 6 and 11 fow and got 2 strikes in the warmest zones and dropped both.  I threw all my sticks at em but nothing drew them in.  Both hits came on a smithwick and the 2nd made such a mess of my lines I packed it in.  Trolling with 2 rods out of the kayak with 100' of line out combined with a stiff NE wind made landing a fish difficult but didn't have enough confidence in any 1 lure to run it alone.  It was nice to get out though and I got 6 passes in before the wind really picked up and there wasn't another boat on the water. 

It was cold too. wind did pick up. Its nice u got out though.  that ice at the south end is holding steady, little by little its going away. It looks like we stay in the 50's this week so the bay should get better as we go. and yea lol it is only mid march lol.

Guess we just sit and wait lol

12799301_10201297176549340_3731394485405

Edited by mrclean