Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

I always launch right from the beach on the east side of the channel in the park,  shortest walk to the lake from the parking lot.  You could also drop in at the pond and paddle through the channel to the lake, just be mindful of the low bridge if you have your poles vertical.  There is no entry fee into the park until Memorial Day.

Edited by greenhornet73

Yes you can launch over there at the limestone rock wall with the stop sign attached to the yellow gate. If you have the foot paddles, might be tricky, it's all gravel and it shifts around frequently. The State Park boat launch in the bay is very nice. About 1 1/2 X to the channel. Still only 100 yards or so.

The west barrier bar side has good access for that too. You can pull up to one of those daily camp sites and launch from there.

But not today guys its damn windy and freezing up here lol. white caps galore and a good day to stay indoors....or get on a roof and fix vents lol...

Nah, I can handle cold but not the wind.  2 Dramamine last week almost wasn't enough.  My 'yak is in the sling until the Sunday after Easter so the water should be warmed up much better by then.  Hopefully the third time is a charm and I can actually Land a brown this year.

Today was a nice day, still a bit windy but it was perfect sunshine..The water level is up nicely and the ice is gone now its just a matter of a little warmer weather and off we go lol. I will guess most of you are getting the toys ready lol..

12512367_10201378729228106_9414513937098

Any idea when the Blind Sodus channel will be dredged??

Blind Sodus is not dredged until the second week of June. It was changed a few years back to this. The monies for the dredging come out of an association fund. We usually have just enough to keep it open through Labor Day the past couple years. You can go to the website for information - BSBIA.ORG

It really boils down to when they can fit it in and the condition of the channel. the waer level has a lot to do with it too and the buildup over winter.

well the wind is going to pickup this week as another cold front moves true. Tomorrow is the best day of the week. I think I might uncover the boat if so..

were gettin there...

Lol I guess coincidence has its position lol. I was in town today talking with some people, the subject of the dredging of blind sodus came up...Apparently the " rumor" is that there is no funding this year for the dredging and they are not sure when it would actually get done.

I guess some who live in blind sodus are searching for dockage in little sodus (fair haven) bay cause they may be choked in....

That being said something will shake and eventually it will get cleared it always does..

Nice day today we just gotta get thru this cold/snow they say is coming Sunday and Monday which they forecast to be in the 20's

Lol well we did get about 6 inches of snow and its still mostly on the ground. Weather says it gets cold toward the weekend so realistically another week imo...but we just need a quick warm up and we should be good to go

post-142045-0-78750700-1460158352_thumb.jpg

Fished about 2 hours yesterday afternoon before the wind changed direction and pushed us off. Headed east out of the shoot. Water temps 39-40. Found some colored water and fished in 6-10'. Took 5 shots put 4 in the boat one brown at 10 pounds the rest were small. Looking forward to a break in the weather!

Edited by rookie fisherman

Wow that's what it's all about, congrats to you catch, with much more action to come. Tight lines to all as we are getting 4-7" of the white stuff tomorrow!! UUUUGGG but it won't last long.