Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Just saying think we can get a fresher report starting from this year this one was started three years ago and it's 34 pages long. I am not trying to be mean or ungrateful but 3 years old a lot of pages. Don't blast me for statement .....not busting on mr clean....I appreciate his info.

Yea it blew pretty good today. it should calm down this evening. tomorrow might be the morning..It should be mixing up pretty good lol.

Edited by mrclean

Today was still a little bumpy so I opted out for some yard work lol but for those that did go fishing was good toward the second bluff and just east of the silos. Most that came back were small within the 5lb limit, planers and spoons not much on the riggers...It did stir it up nice it just needs to get a little warmer...Tomorrow afternoon ill give it a go....

13102771_10201493517417739_9392743486560

We went out Sunday morning for the shake down cruise. 1-2' waves not to bad, hit two browns 4 and 7lbs and one 5lb small mouth.

This was down by the point in12' of water. It was frosty in the morning, had to scrape ice off the windshield. Browns on rigger Dream Weaver BT spoon

and Small mouth off the boards.

Lol seems like a lot of people were doing their shakedown cruises lol.It just needs to get a little warmer. the good news is these little fronts do stir it up. Lets see what this week does

A buddy of mine was telling me someone he knows brings his bass boat through the channel of the state park and into the pond. I know you aren't supposed to bring a boat through there, but is that even possible to get under that bridge? I told him his buddy is full of crap, but really now I don't know. Not something I'd try, I'm just curious. I remember the bridge being quite low.

Yea you can get in and out of there sometimes you just gotta duck under the overpass lol. Its common for 14 17 footers to go thru there.  today was cold and windy it is stirring, weather says Thursday it calms..Typical spring lol

Just remember if you go through the small channel to lay your rods down and not leave them standing up in the holders....I forgot the first time in my kayak and fortunately just scratched them up a little but didn't break any.

Edited by greenhornet73

Yesterday would've been a challenge. 5 foot swells in that little channel. You would have hit the walking bridge. There is a nice small boat launch right next to the channel for the pond. It's paved on top, firm sand in the water. The pond was getting stained from yesterday's wind. Could've fished there.