Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

I'll be up tomorrow to do some electrical work to get rid of that rats nest of wires hanging down in front of my face at the helm. Last year I was fooling around with a small separate isolated gel battery for the fishfinder. But after a lot of A/B comparison, the reduction in noise just wasn't worth the extra effort/aggravation. Going to connect the ff back into the mains with the other electronics.

If I get done in time and the weather cooperates I might go out for the nite bite. Hope to see you out there...8-]

-Steve D

Yea im in the process of trying to find a starter, pricing is all over the board lol...shes been slippin lately so i figure ill get a replacement. plus i gotta install a new fridge at camp lol..but now they say hi 50's sat and sunday. Some rain Friday then she clears out...

Be there tonight for the weekend.  Staying at Screwy Louie's.  Cabin 2  Stop over for a beer and BS sessioDo you use the State Park launch?

A few days ago there was a guy that caught 50+ lakers using Brian's rigs look in that thread. Gambler RIgs, I can't remember the depth, but they were bumping bottom with the rigger weight..Spin & glow rigs page 19 the report doesn't say depth but look over that tread I'm sure I remember depth for cold water. Good luck guys wish I was there, soon!!! PAP

Edited by pap

We bass fished the bay for almost 12 hours today...took an hour break at the cottage around 4pm but we were in hammer mode again by 5. My buddy got a nice 5lb 6oz largemouth, I got a 4.5lb smallie and we each got countless fish in between. Days like today are what makes the work week feel way too long.

We bass fished the bay for almost 12 hours today...took an hour break at the cottage around 4pm but we were in hammer mode again by 5. My buddy got a nice 5lb 6oz largemouth, I got a 4.5lb smallie and we each got countless fish in between. Days like today are what makes the work week feel way too long.

What other species of fish did you guy catch, what was the water temp?? Thanks PAP

All largemouth and I got 3 or 4 smallies. Had a big pike break off a Live Target crankbait (doh!..) right in front of Meadow Cove, but no other pike besides that, surprisingly. Water temp was between 49 and 51 most of the day.

All largemouth and I got 3 or 4 smallies. Had a big pike break off a Live Target crankbait (doh!..) right in front of Meadow Cove, but no other pike besides that, surprisingly. Water temp was between 49 and 51 most of the day.

AAWW man not a Live Target, that's a $20.00 oops, congrats on your trip!! Still a little cold yet. Let me ask you¥¥¥ do you have better fishing with those Live Target Lures?? Do they work that good to make spending $15-20's. I know a few guys that use them? I can't justify paying that much$$$ for 1 lure. I would. try one if there as good as the guys say. Thanks for any info!!! PAP

They work pretty good actually but I only buy them at Field and Stream when they are buy one get one free. AND I'm not buying the $15-$20 ones, I'm using the $10 crayfish ones at two for one so it's not that bad....still don't like losing them though. The lipless cranks are good too but the store hasn't gotten any more in. Caught probably 20 fish on one before it eventually got wrapped around a log.

Well for those who went out for browns and came back empty handed dont sweat it, it wasnt the weekend. Lakers were the common for the weekend. Nice size ones. The wind blew around a bit yesterday afternoon. This morning was rainy and very slow. Some came in early with no luck. The lakers were caught at 80 -100 fow on the bottom. Drag it slow and off she goes lol

The beginning of the week has unsettled weather which is typical for now. We just need some of that warm water and higher temps to settle in and it should turn on.

Welcome to early Spring lol

13096275_10201514922792860_4494697653909

Edited by mrclean

I do know that guys fish for them just on the inside of the channel by the buoys. I have a camp on blind Sodus and it was stocked a couple years ago but haven't seen any activity in the past 2 years. Seen very few caught out of the bay last two seasons.

West side park. Put on your waders & cast into the channel from the gravel bar the boobies mark. Big stick baits work ok. You will not be the only person. Get there early a.m., park is a dusk to dawn, the sheriff never gave me a problem though.