Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Lol talk about a perfect painting with no subject lol. I went out Tuesday night for awhile. Muddy water all around the chute, state park and west toward the silos, 52 degree temp, slight chop on the water I marked very little fish(browns). I gave it a good hour and felt a camp fire will produce more lol..

This weekend it gets warm and at that point the fish should come in. Just in time for the memorial day weekend..

13238964_10209664148663128_4461036252152

Edited by mrclean

The only one getting their limit is this guy lol.

13263763_10201581339933247_1134718820875

Another slow weekend here. Weather was fine, the water cleared up from the blow earlier in the week. The ones that did catch fish boated lakers around 130 fow and an occasional brown. There was some good success in around 40 fow between the second bluff and Oswego. Today was a very slow day.

THe water temp (surface) uis 52+ around the pier out to about 30 feet im some spots. Lets see what this week brings lol..

I took an 8 lb king straight out from the shoot. 75 down over 100 fow. UV pickle stinger on a rigger in the first 5 minutes. We left bayside at 5:45 am. We only fished for 30 minutes and my four year old got seasick. One foot rollers in a 28 foot baha, never thought one footers would be a problem. He got pretty sick, even turned a little green. He felt fine as soon as we hit the dock. I did mark some fish too. Wish we could have worked it a little longer, but safety first with a sick child. hoping to be back up in two weeks. Good luck to those who fish this week.

Did good in the bay, lots of medium sized bass enough to keep my attention, plus some in spots I've never had luck before. Is it just me or does the weather forecast always seem pretty off for Fair Haven? All week I was told by AccuWeather rain on saturday, high winds and rain on Sunday and a high of 55 or so. Turned out the complete opposite...

Looking forward to this weekend, though I assume the bay will be a zoo. I've gotten too used to being one of only a few boats out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Im gonna ive it a go tomorrow at 5am...beautiful day here lots of sun and heat. Fish are being caught in the 40 to 100 fow range. Its nice to have the warm weather back.. 

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone

Welp it is hot, humid but a nice breeze came up this afternoon to cool it down...a tenth of a degree lol. Fishing  was slow and hot today. The Lake is calm, Lakers and browns and some small skippy kings were caught. Its a matter of finding them not much is out there. A bunch of us might go out tonight so maybe a nice afternoon bite is in store but we really have a mid summer day with no real pattern lol..

Got a baby king yesterday morning on a chicken wing. Nothing else for the rest of the morning. Gave up and caught a couple small lakers on gambler rigs.

Took a keeper laker on a mixed veggie on 7 colors first thing this morning. Got a small, but edible, king a little later on a wonderbread on the rigger about 50 foot down. Last fish of the day was a barely legal steelie 5 colors down on a green frog. Everything came in about 230 foot of water. We zig and zagged between 200 and 300.

The encon survey kids said we had one of the better days they've heard from anyone else. I sincerely hope that's not true. Anyone else get anything worth talking about today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well, we're one of the ones that didn't do as well as you. We caught one small king on a blue and yellow stingray spoon on a free slider on the 65 ft rigger. That was in 200, fished primarily that 200 foot range. Marked just a half dozen or so marks in our few hours of fishing, although there were some lakers on bottom in 200 fow, didn't go after them.

Not one of our better weekend, one small king in 220' of water down 50 Saturday. Sunday one small king in 100' of water. 

Monday on fished for 4hrs and got one 10 LB lake 35' down over 100'. All spoons

Not one of our better weekend, one small king in 220' of water down 50 Saturday. Sunday one small king in 100' of water.

Monday on fished for 4hrs and got one 10 LB lake 35' down over 100'. All spoons

We caught 1 small King Saturday. Couldn't mark bait or fish for our lives. Sunday 6 small king's at 65 ft in 85 ft of water. We marked fish so we stayed on them. One good steelhead. Got off the water at 3:30 due to storms. Really slow fishing compared to a month ago. Time for Striper fishing in NH. Thankfully.

Got a baby king yesterday morning on a chicken wing. Nothing else for the rest of the morning. Gave up and caught a couple small lakers on gambler rigs.

Took a keeper laker on a mixed veggie on 7 colors first thing this morning. Got a small, but edible, king a little later on a wonderbread on the rigger about 50 foot down. Last fish of the day was a barely legal steelie 5 colors down on a green frog. Everything came in about 230 foot of water. We zig and zagged between 200 and 300.

The encon survey kids said we had one of the better days they've heard from anyone else. I sincerely hope that's not true. Anyone else get anything worth talking about today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my SM-G930P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well it continues to be slow.... I did nothing today prior to the winds picking up. DEC said its been dead all weekend. There are some small kings out in the 200 range, nothing to speak of in close however I did see the screen light up in the 40 range.

We cant let this thread go without some results sol. So we broke out the net and went carpin today lol. Now Carp are running lol...

13319823_10201625694962095_8328543252725

Well the trend continues to be real slow. If you caught anything out in the lake your my hero lol. Most salmon fishing is reduced to bait fishing in the bay. There is fun fishing in the bay for sure. But the lake continues to show a pre summer pattern. Today is 5=7 foot waves and its blowing real hard out of the west. Hopefully it turns on soon but for now she remains slow.....

Ohhh its hot lol.. Ohh its slow lol. Lets see what this weekend brings other than an awesome summer like weather weekend. Happy fathers day and good luck. Tomorrow should be busy on the lake with the wounded warriors outing.

And the trend continues lol. It was hot, slow fishing but a perfect day to at least be on the water. The fleet took the wounded warriors out today. Some lakers and small kings (6lb avg) taken at 200+, similar results in 120+.

Me well I tripped over my own feet running out the door this am so I figure I should stay in for the day lol...

I managed to throw on a worm and this is about as good as it gets lol...

13435431_10201668573674036_6154166309560

Keep in mind it is early June...

Great day out

Not a banner day catching wise - biggest King at 11lbs, steelhead at 7.5lbs, and biggest laker at 9lbs

More fish then guys with lots of shakers released

A great team effort amongst the captains and all other fishermen out of FH today

A true community effort

post-146659-14662911326733_thumb.jpg