Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

It is getting better Fish are anywhere from 120 to 200 out. 85 down as a standard. I didnt get anything but those who stayed all day did score some small to mid size kings and a couple of atlantics. Not much happened overall but like i said it did perk up abit.

I did score this little guy about an hour ago lol.. Lets see what happens tomorrow in the am.

13522003_10201694646405838_3736663641565

Went out early this morning and had an NBK bit off the downrigger without releasing. Then a 22 1/2" Coho on 3 color lead core on a black chrome jointed Thunderstik. Shortly after was blown off the lake.   .

The fishing seems to have picked up in the last week at most ports on the southern shore. In general people have reported marking a lot of bait pods and active hooks. Also, most of the little wieners and dinks have been chased away by teenagers and some mature fish. The lake has set up nice with temps of ~49 degrees down 85' in 100 fow as of this morning. Hopefully, we won't get a big blow before the 4th of July that will screw everything up for the coming holiday...8-]

-Steve D

Hey its going to be an awesome weekend for bbq's and other fun stuff....except fishing lol. The weather is looking to build starting Friday Night with a high west wind lasting thru sunday am. The waves will be at or near 5+ by Friday night if they are right.

The good news is it can bring in the fish in the area as the west winds blow so Monday the 4th may be the am.

Parade is Friday, Fireworks are Sunday night and the Boat Parade is Monday for the Fair Haven SOFA 4th weekend

Yea the west wind earlier in the week blew in some warm water but fish are being caught anywhere from 80 to 180;. 85 -125 down. I scored 0 today but a few nice kings did come in today all caught within 150 straight out.

back at it tomorrow

Fished Friday, left Bayside at 5:45 am. Went 4 for 5, fish came from 110 to 130 fow. 240 dipsey, and 90 rigger took a double at 6:15 am. FF on dipsey, mag moonshine on rigger, 23 lb and 19 lb king. Took another King on ff around 8:30 am on a 240 dipsey. Then a 8 lb steelhead on a rigger, on a free slider, rigger set at 120. Lost a screamer on a 270 dipsey with ff. White glow sd with hammer fly was best. Shelly snack moonshine took biggest fish. 2.3 to 2.6 down speed on fishhawk. 42 to 44 temps down 90.

Well its blowing today. Nobody from the fleet went out. Its a good day to clean up and go thru the gear lol. Those are nice fish you caught. They may have been the big take yesterday lol.. Seems to be the size of whats coming in and a two three fish per outing.  ...It should pick up real soon.....

If it calms down I might go back to that 100 foot range with all that bait hangin around....

13626535_10201740927762843_7482805292874

Edited by mrclean