Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Ok its getting good now. Fish are being caught from 150 to 250, 80 t0 120 down.Some nice size kings are coming in at the low 20's but still a good amount of small ones plus a few lakers . Mostly meat rigs are working in this area. I was up at the winery for a wedding this weekend. Im going back out wednesday if the weather holds.

Agreed.. We went out Friday night it was pretty nasty. Waves wee as high as 5-6 ft. Sat. morning was more of the same just a bit calmer. Sunday was the day to go out. We landed 3 kings all around 20 lbs. We had 4 misses. It was nice to have some action on our first trip out this yr. Fish were in the 130-200 Fow range and it was really calm.. Have not figured out how to upload pics yet maybe next time...

0f9105c1f2ecc51a908fa39936170e5c.jpg

Edited by SEENYOR OKUMA

Fished this morning 6:00 to 9:00.   Graphed fish from 90 to 120 over 150 to 220 FOW but no takers on spoons.  Same for our companion boat that was fishing dodgers/flies..  We did not see any boats land a fish.  Hopefully they turned on later in the morning for the guys that stayed out. 

Fished this morning 6:00 to 9:00.   Graphed fish from 90 to 120 over 150 to 220 FOW but no takers on spoons.  Same for our companion boat that was fishing dodgers/flies..  We did not see any boats land a fish.  Hopefully they turned on later in the morning for the guys that stayed out. 

Guys are having some decent fishing in the 140-220 Range. Flasher/flies and meat taking the lions share of the fish. Riggers down 100 divers out 310+ The full moon did make it a later bite. Key is to stay with the marks and work them different directions and speed until "they turn on". Many 20+ pounders taken.

Fair Haven is about 20 miles East of Sodus and about 10 miles West of Oswego. And todays not the day to go out. We got 3-5's out there right now with a nice stiff west wind. Forecast indicates winds slow as we get towards tonight.

Stay in and eat lol

13697286_10201790735007993_8449250454396

Yea the state park has great access. But since its an 18 ft, you could also put that in the village access dock at little sodus inn, or by turtle cove on west bay road. Those are both free. You could easily drive to them and check it out....

Thanks for the info. I went with the Little Sodus Inn and had a quick meal there when I got off the water. Nice, laid back setup.

The fishing was decent even though I stunk. 1 for 5 on kings with a steelie and a fat old laker. Everything but the steelie on a spin doctor with mirage fly. Threw 20 other things at em but that's all they wanted.

Great way to spend a Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Did you have the breaded deep fried green beans with the chipotle dipping sauce? Makes me hungry. How big was the stinky laker? Sounds like fun for Sunday alone.

I did not. Went with a burger and wings. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time.

Laker was just over 18#

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

7/25 fished after the rain  3-7     170 ft  of water  90-110  down  24lb king on  salmon candy   next one on  Lemon ice   20lbs   and another  on salmon candy    all spoons   never touched the dipsys