Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

today   went west  fished  90-110 over 180-200   3 for 4   3 kings   30lb  24lb  and 21lb  all spoon bite   salmon candy, and lemon ice were the hot spoons  cant get the dipsys to go  from 275 to 350     nothing  not even a hit

Hey nothing wrong with that...

Well I figured it would be tough. I was at harborfest in Oswego from Thursday thru Sunday. Im a stage manager there for the bands and I work the whole thng. They gave me a room at the dorm at the college so I could feel the breeze friday and even Saturday it seemed slightly there.

I did see a few boats out Saturday but not too many. Ive done Harborfest now for decades, every year its a pull between fishing and that lol. Harborfest wins this weekend cause it is fun as you will see in the vid below. And at least im at the water lol

Anyway I hope to get out later this week and now that August is here ima gonna try hard lol at least until State Fair time when I go back to stage work lol......

Might be a bit choppy out there. Speaking of which, is it just me or has it been an extremely windy summer? Or at least the weekends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Same as every year it seems. Calm and nice during the week and hurricane winds every weekend.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just got back from fair haven , fished Monday to wed the weather was perfect but the winds were not on our side. We were hoping for west or NW winds but the winds turned NNE and fishing was tough. We did catch fish biggest was 15 lb lot of smaller kings. Currents were kind of crazy but fishable. Fished from 75 feet to 335 feet best fishing was before sun came up and then moved out to 275 feet 90 to 120 down. All the hits came off riggers with spoons

Edited by bobbyg470

Yea most stayed in today as well. Looks like mr wind won again lol. I believe the tournament in Oswego got cancelled finally...I assume this because the boats are already back which meant they just picked up their rigs in Oswego and came home.

Lets see what the weather does for us this week. It is getting crunch time lol

Edited by mrclean

I use the NOAA and its always been fine. Now were in a real Summer pattern. Fish are showing up in the 100 -200 range...This weekend should be fine lake wise.

But anyways check this for a pretty good guideline for whats ahead weather wise...Ill be out tomorrow in the afternoon. too hot today lol

http://marine.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-76.70151335449218&lat=43.34984655222905#.V6xeE6Jn2fg