Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Hey sorry to switch gears but any of you guys that fish the lake late into september I am just wondering how close to shore you move in for staging fish typically?  I troll out of my kayak and usually stay around the mouth of the SR until the big runs start but if they are within reach I would love to fish fair haven since I am sure it is much quieter with boat traffic and less of a haul for me.  I am comfortable only going out about a mile or less offshore so I can get to shore if bad weather is approaching.  Looks like this years run will be a large improvement to the past 2 years unless this draught continues.  Thanks for the reports, keep em coming. 

Anybody do anything this morning had 4 releases rusty I guess

Another quick trip as we were back at the dock by 10am, but we managed to take a decent one this morning. Fish hit a white green dot chip hammer fly on dipsy out 310 over 180 FOW post-144505-14711091128017_thumb.jpg

They ripped thru here pretty good lol. Flooded the marina thats for sure lol...I had one on for about a minute then I lost it yesterday. It had to be a small laker cause I was right on the bottom with my purple frog which is usually the case.....So I frolicked around with everyone else for a few more hours then I went back in.  straight out 150-200 fow waaaayyyyyy down lol...

By the time most got in it was a below avg day....

Someone mentioned small craft advisory today??? The lake looks like 1-2 right now.....Good  morning for coffee and a zebco pole lol

Mr Clean,

Your radio was terrible Saturday. You where only a few hundred yards when I asked if you had dipsys out.

Might want to have it checked out.

Yea I appreciate that lol. Others told me the same thing.

Lol Shes an old radio, been with me for 30 years now lol...The problem is the fuse panel. I need to replace the whole thing and re-wire everything. Ill work on it this week. She works fine when the boats not running, theres shorts all over the place...I receive great its transmitting...

but thanks for the heads up..

Storms ripped thru pretty good last night and now that the front has moved thru we have been gifted once again with 5-6 footers. It started picking up last night around 10pm. Waves are still cranking but it should calm down tonight and the rest of the week and weekend look fine. I did fix my radio, thanks to all who gave me the heads up lol. It was  a combination of a loose positive split I did and an ole connection of the antenna lol....This weekend should be real good. 150-200 fow straight out. thats where they are ....or were lol

went out today for a few hours, couldn't find good temp in that 150 area (75) went out to 500 finally found temp about 130 down, picked up a small steely around 400 down 120 with a black and white silver streak spoon don't know the name. Try again tomorrow will likely be tough with the full moon tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There right on the bottom between 125 and 200. I spent about an hour out there with a crows nest of rigger cable because the high speed motors bunch up the cable when bringing it up from fishing so far down lol and I had a row of kinks so I worked them out best I can and then sent it back. No releases today, slow for mostly everyone.....Im gonna hit it again tonight and see whats up. Hot out there today no waves but I think the full moon didnt help lol

Im thinkin tonight might be good since they most likely fed two days ago....People are arriving now for the Fair Haven Challenge. One things for sure. Tomorrow will be an awesome day on the lake like today so they should have no problems being out there.....