Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Yea the fish are there we went out tonight one on for abit then she shook it. Tomorrow should be fine for everyone including those in the FH challenge.good luck to all..125-200 allll the way down....

Overall today was a pretty good day some didnt move a rod while others caught some really nice kings. Congrats to all those who entered the Fair Haven Challenge. Some kings were well over 30lbs. Fish were being caught anywhere from 125 to 300.  Temp was  all over the place and a fast current made it tricky. Tomorrow she kicks up so most likely thats it for this weekend ....

Greenhornet73, these are two sites I use that are easy to set up.  Windfinder has an app too.  The other takes a little while getting used to.  I can say from experience since I used to do this for a living that forecasting winds is very tricky on the lakes. There are synoptic (large) and meso (small) scale factors going on at the same time which can wreak havoc on weather models thus making future predictions difficult.  Last as we all know the lake can change quickly due to the vast open plain.  Hope this helps.

https://www.windfinder.com/

https://www.windyty.com/

Thanks bowbender, since I fish out of a kayak my outings are completely dependent on the wind factor and have often had to fish from shore after driving an hour to find the forecast was completely off.  If it is over 9mph I don't even go out.

Over 9 mph... Wow I check weather at the state park in fair haven almost daily and it always seems to be in the 8-10 mph range. The one time I went out in 6 mph and it was still barely fishable out of an 18 footer. I don't know how you ever manage to get out in a kayak lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by FishingFool34