Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone been catching kings in the bay or pond yet?

We got a couple cabins in the park next weekend for my bachelor party weekend. Its definitely not the traditional weekend, so I want to try and make sure the guys still have fun.

Just got back from FH State Park today, fished Sat. & today in the bay, diving channel, and pond -- didn't catch anything and never saw a salmon jump. Perhaps with the cooler temps this coming week it may help. Good luck and please let me know how you make out.

Just got back from FH State Park today, fished Sat. & today in the bay, diving channel, and pond -- didn't catch anything and never saw a salmon jump. Perhaps with the cooler temps this coming week it may help. Good luck and please let me know how you make out.

I saw one jump in the marina the other day. Just after the front moved thru. Its been cold and windy since then  so perhaps this weekend we will see more action. I fished the hole a week ago and there wasnt anything in it.  Its day by day at this point. I use storm lure (hot n tot) hot tigers they work the best for me this time of year.

We stayed at Fair haven SP for the week and could not get out much with the wind and waves and we never did get out in the 120 to 150 fow range

Not much showing on the Sonar and we never saw a fish.

Dr W

• 2 months later...

So basically all the snow we got is gone, its been warm and I guess one could put a boat in the water lol..It is crystal clear, calm and a nice grey day here lol. I was almost temped to throw a line off the pier lol..

15241274_10202305098066748_8550336307822

Pretty pic

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I can relate to that guys, especially if it were March LOL. Maybe no hard freeze this year, if it does get bitter cold there are lakes and dams that could freeze solid, that's no joke, I've never in all my put togethers saw the water table so low. The dam by me just has a river flowing through it. It's bad down here, if we get no snow or it doesn't rain we are in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well for January Ill take it, not much snow on the ground, ice is formed down this end, chute was clear but thats it. Im sure it will really freeze in the next month or so. We are expecting more Lake effect tonight which has really skirted the area for now

15826370_10202464362928270_7521586200889