Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Here is where we are at. Currently all launches in the Fair Haven Bay are closed until further notice. They have been in constant contact with the State and as of yesterday they were told the lake will not crest until the first week in June. They are expecting based on the current run off that the lake will rise another 5 inches plus a possible additional 3 inches based on forecasted rainfall. I can tell you that they are pretty accurate when they forecast this stuff.

Please keep in mind this is not just a Fair Haven area problem. This is the whole south shore and into the St. Lawrence River issue. In fact “Bolt Castle” is closed due to no docks as a result of the high waters.

The Village of Fair Haven is currently working with the three marinas to come up with a way to somehow launch boats possibly at Turtle Cove launch. Once we find out more I will post in here.

If your boat is currently in the water you really need to be careful out there. There are literally full size trees floating around even in the bay at times and much more debris that has already put some boats back at dry dock so please be careful if you are able to fish.

That being said, Captn. Bill and myself decided to head out for our first run of the season. As you know the fishing has been awesome, and it didn’t disappoint.

This video has everything. You will see docks under water, countless sand bags thanks to the volunteers, the water almost to the top of the pier, floating trees just missing our planer boards, small fish and even the monster everyone wants to get. It has it all.

But honestly this video is dedicated to those who cannot do what they want to do, to those businesses trying to work thru this disaster and finally to all the volunteers who helped out unselfishly those who are devastated by this once in a lifetime flood.

Mother nature certainly thru everyone a curve. Hopefully this video keeps us all hopeful for a quick receding of the water, I will advise once I learn more....

Edited by mrclean

Thank for the status update on the bay conditions, Carmen. I went out fishing yesterday morning, and when I came back in the afternoon my dock was just about under water. Had to move the boat to the other side of the marina next to Finders Keepers where they've nailed on the dock risers. Glad you and Bill were able to get out there and have some fun. That one brown you caught was a monster!

-Steve D

Awesome job and video, thanks for sharing. Haven't had the 'yak out much this year besides one short walleye opener shake off tour with a nice 24"er to start the season.  Hoping life slows down a bit so I can get out there on the big "O" while the inshore bite is still good

What a week of great fishing! Caught our limit of browns every day. The weather wasn't bad either. I was fortunate to get our boat in before the ramp closures. Most of the action was from the shore out to 20ft. The Browns were hitting on just about any color. Even mix between spoons and stick baits. I hope everyone can get out and enjoy the great fishing. Thanks to everyone at Bayside Marina. It's been stressful dealing with the high water I'm sure. But everyone was super friendly and helpful. Can't wait to come back again soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fishing remains Solid out of Fair Haven. Managed 28 bites in just 3 trips. Total time on water for all three trips was just 7 hours.

Went 6 for 9 in a solo trip with all solid 4-6lb browns and one 4+ lb smallmouth

Followed that with a 14 for 16 trip again all solid 4-6 lb browns and one small steelhead.

Brought family out this afternoon and managed to go 3 for 3 with each kid getting one.

Bay rats off the boards and mongoose stinger off the riggers have been my go to program.

Fished waters from 7-13 feet. 2 Highlights of the trip were the kids, and ended the morning trip with a quad with just 2 of us onboard

IMG_6571.JPGIMG_6572.JPGIMG_6574.JPGIMG_6573.JPGIMG_6570.JPGIMG_6550.JPG

'Bout Time
Mike

Well its a breezy day here today fishing still being awesome  but unfortunately the water still keeps creeping up. Reports say it crests early june. Carp are spawning lol Right where my fireplace use to sit lol

hey guys have a question coming up again for July and august fishing hopefully Fairhaven stays above water was thinking of getting some new dipsy's what seems to be the color of choice everyone thinks works the best thanks for any input and good luck with the fishing 

Ill tell you what as much of a disaster this is I find it a novelty that I have carp, bluegills etc swimming literally where my fireplace was lol. I might actually develop carp wrestling .

18581710_10202994556702783_3031394051811

Edited by mrclean

Yes all ramps are still closed however i did  here they may open up one  of the village launches over the weekend but i wouldnt hold my breath on that.  The issue is the park. cancellation after cancellation of course. the beach is flooded and realistically not much can happen there this weekend unfortunately.

Bayside marina does have a few docks available, they can put small to mid size boats in. But again forget water tubing, wave runners, jet skis etc... yes you can fish its great out there. But keep in mind 5mph speed limit, no wake and honestly imo respect for the property owners around the bay and lake takes priority here. We actually have properties falling  in the lake and honestly the last thing we need is us making more issues. 

As I always said in business. Thats why there is 4th and 10 and you punt.....You will always get another chance next time  around...

As you can see from the photo everything is gone (look in the back, that used to be the beach....

18447254_10202965855065260_9193722020296

Edited by mrclean