Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

The bay itself looks fine from the avg glance. The east side of the bay between the park and the old shauns marina is the worst hit. The west barrier bar is and will remain closed you cant even get thru the twin gates its all flooded down there.

Latest reports suggest mid june before it starts to really drop.

They did open it, little sodus inn launch (bell ave).  Boy the water came up another 2 inches in the past 3 days. Fishin is great so if you can get out there go get em. Its gonna be wet but heck its a holiday weekend.

are they in close enough early in the morning for my kayak or are they moving out once the sun is up?  I missed my annual trip to Henderson this Memorial day due to my kids all getting hit with a stomach bug so I am hoping to at least get up to Fair Haven if it isn't too late

Ohh they are in the bay by the chute. Higher waters bring fish in real close. A friend of mine was at the beach over the weekend. They saw a big brown sitting in the pool that used to be the beach volleyball area lol... Ive even got carp spawning under my camp lol. I may take up carp wrestling lol

mrclean,you should take up carp fishing,a couple corn niblets or a dough ball on the end of a hook and hang on!!!!!only fresh water fish i know of other then a king that can scream off a couple hundred feet of line off a reel.

Lol I was wondering how they do that Ill try it, might  as well, they swim right up to the camp almost lol. Its real windy today out of the west, nice and sunny though. I  drove thru the state park, not too many campers at all. Beach still flooded  out and so are the launches.The brown fishing is starting to slow abit but some caught small kings at 75 fow over the past weekend.

a couple of years ago I saw a fishing show where these guys were fishing for carp using fly rods like they were fishing for bone fish. They were using using crayfish flies,  when they hooked up the carp made those reels scream!

What great weather finally. Water is still high most launches still closed  (bell ave is open) docks are available at bayside. The brown fishing has slowed , small -mid size salmon are being caught in 140 ft range. Winds did pickup today but after some minor raiun overnight tomorrow should be fine conditions. 5mph in bay and within 500 ft still in force

Missed my morning bite but hit the water around 730. Decent screen from 100 out to 180 then it was a ghost land. Ended the day at 11 with 3 Kings one laker. Hot setup was Green / chartreuse pro troll trailed by an Green A-Tom-Mik Mfg. Hammer fly. That combo took 3 out of the four fish. All fish came off riggers at 80-90-102. Best waters were 130-180 for me.

IMG_6764.thumb.JPG.7764244cbc3d3fc8b6ef29fbb1c53c0d.JPGIMG_6763.thumb.JPG.4623e29b3151ccdcc06c5cd8d489ad02.JPGIMG_6776.thumb.JPG.13c8191a9e35c1693514dc034f0b3875.JPGIMG_6780.thumb.JPG.c78ea5dffdad1ac4466eda92a987e3d4.JPGIMG_6777.thumb.JPG.c7cbaaae868f88e56bf85ccc08b0193c.JPG

'Bout Time

Mike

Fished Saturday from 100' to 300' of water, Best screen was in 110' to 150'. We did two Cohos one on meat and one on green SD with a hammer fly.

Both fish mid afternoon. Did not move a rod in the morning. Tough day. Did not fish Sunday.

Well the water has come down about an inch or so. One wouldnt think thats very much but in the scheme of things we'll take it lol. Nobody really has been fishing this week so not much to report on that. They say that by the 4th it could be down as much as six inches. That remains to be seen..

But please keep in mind that there is a 5mph limit through the entire bay and 600 feet offshore as well. There were a few instances where some boaters didnt adhere but I think they just didnt understand that its the entire bay.....as it should be. Plus there still is a lot of debris. I just saw another boat on its trailer, lower unit destroyed due to a log....Gotta watch your speed, gotta watch where your goin...

Finally ill be in the water.  I may take her for a shakedown fathers day

19149426_10203096060280309_7706949913887

Happy Fathers day. I must say it looks like Summer around here. The water is dropping still along way to go, still 5mph in the bay. Summer like fishing patterns consisting of lakers, steelies in and around 120. tough day for most

Fished out of Fair Haven Fri night. Set up in 140 fow and trolled to 200 fow. Took a nice king on 230 dipsy flasher and fly. Not good at names but flasher white with green spots and green fly. Got a smaller king on Down rigger 80 ft flasher and fly. Fished same water Sat morning and did not move a rod. Thanks to town of Fair Haven for opening launch

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Heres an interesting report on the upcoming battle between NYS and the International Joint Commission (IJC) in regards to the lake flooding. Basically the Governor is blaming the IJC for a series of blunders which ultimately caused the problem. They basically maintain that water levels were normal in comparison years up to April...

But this will give you an idea of whats ahead once the water recedes..

http://cnycentral.com/news/local/ijc-responds-to-criticism-over-lake-ontario-water-levels-from-gov-cuomo

Well it went down a few inches. Which to us looks like a few feet lol. But then storms rolled thru Sunday (fathers day) and that only slows the process down. It is drying but a long way to go yet. I had some friends camping at the state park over the weekend. Park Management told them the launch will remain closed for the season. They figure once the water does get down then exposed damage will most likely be an issue, cleanup and safety as well.

But honestly people need to slow down in the bay. Were seeing way too many instances of boaters going full throttle for one reason or another. One can claim ignorance but its been so much documented the 5mph limit ....My understanding is there will be a "presence" on the water as we approach the 4th for this very reason.....

But the water is coming down its just gonna take more time is all...I still have a dock on top of my dock lol. Fishing is slow so were not missing much. Lets see what this weekend brings.

19224915_10203103883075874_5832731739523

Edited by mrclean

Thanks Mr Clean. We stay at a house with a dock at the beginning of the bay. and that dock was under about 6 inches of water. just wondering if it will be down enough when we come up to keep our boat there or should I start looking for another dock. I guess time will tell. We have 4 more weeks before were up. We have rented the same house for the last 10 years. Absolutely love it there!! 

Thanks again

Edited by steelfire