Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

good luck to all the wounded warroirs fishing tomorrow. Fishing should be fine kings at 100-120 browns in around 70 Should be a great day
Winds will be kicking up Sunday. The lake went down and came back up  5mph speed still in effect for the area
Sent from my ST1009 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by mrclean

Well as expected the lake picked up big time yesterday. They were able to get the wounded warriors off and gave them enough time to get some really nice kings. Congratulations to all who participated. The water did come down but came back up as a result of all the rain. Fishing is still really good with salmon coming from 120 -180 range. She should shape up to be a nice fishing 4th....

Here is a photo of some kings taken at the wounded warriors. Great job Popeye....

19399689_10213753533137213_8152095633247

nice to see  our vets  had a good time , a big thumbs up to all of you  who made it possible.  I  plan on going to Fair Haven  in a couple weeks for a couple weeks     are there  any boat launches open ?   Still no wake in the pond?

Mr Clean has the water gone down any more this week??. Trying to figure out if I need to get a slip at one of the Marinas or if our House dock will be above water by the middle of July.

No its still up there, its only gone down about 3-4 inches since earlier in the week. These heavy rains we got yesterday and today wont help either. Their is still a 5mph speed zone throughout the area.  thats probably going to be there for quite some time.Time will tell....

Finally got out on the 4th. Just 2 Browns one on an NBK spoon at 95 over 120 that surprised me  and the other on a watermelon pattern spoon at 75. Dragged a 450 copper meat rig with one hit and miss. We marked lots of bait and fish but never figured the right combination. Not many boats out deep for a holiday weekend.  

No there were not. But the fishing was pretty steady. Browns were being caught in the hole just outside the chute. Nice ones, One was almost 16lbs which is currently leading the board. Some came in with some nice small to mid kings. Those were taken outside 200 fow. The lake levels are dropping. Salmon season is here just in time.....Lets see what this week brings weather wise. 

Been wondering lately what these water levels will bring for next year. Something tells me that unless it drops another 2 feet at least by Fall then we will have an even bigger disaster on our hands next spring. And at this rate, it's not dropping any too quick....

Wondering myself when we see a significant drop, projected 6 to 7 inch drop for July seems like someone trying to placate the general public, no way we see that happen by end of July, just watch the daily chart, maybe 6 inches since first week of June.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yeah exactly. Plus any little bit of rain makes a big difference at this point. 

The water at our breakwall is almost at my neck as of last weekend (im 6ft tall) Typically in the Fall by October, there is a beach about 6 or 7 feet out from that breakwall. It almost gets to the point where the hoist won't go low enough. 

Alot of people have had that problem. I noticed many camps dont even have boats in the water. Cant even get to the hoist. It is slowly coming down and even once it does there will still be a lot of surveying done im sure.

The beach is open but the launch is still closed and will be for awhile yet. You still cannot get from the pond to the lake thru the channel by the diving boards. Water is still up to the bridge crest Last I checked there was still a pond where the beach volley net is....

Camping is fine ,. wood is available,  Mid Summer fishing patterns. 

Started setting lines at 645 and by 945 we were 6 for 9. All Kings (12-23lbs). I worked a 3/4 mile area between 140-180 FOW and never left. White green dot spin dr / stud fly produced 5 of the fish off riggers at 135, 140, and 124. 390 dipsey ripped out to over 700 before it became unbuttoned- that was a green dot chip green crinkle fly. 600 copper took a fish pulling a "cannonball rig". Lost two more off riggers pulling matador chip and sweet pea fly.

IMG_7099.JPG
IMG_7087.JPG

'Bout Time
Mike

Well its mid july and we are in a Summer pattern. Kings of mid size are being caught between 100 and 240 most action as of yesterday came from the 100 range. Lots of biting flys, fleas have subsided for now. The weather should be awesome for this coming week so if you can get out one should.

I was going to post this in the classified but I figured I would get better reaction from here. Im looking for a few kingfisher golden boys. If anyone has any they would like to sell please let me know.

tks

We have done well the previous week in the 200-250 range.  Was out last night and only had two knock offs.  Screen was pretty blank on troll into 140.  Just curious if they were catching kings  in as tight as 100 fow?