Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

56 minutes ago, Takeoff said:

We have done well the previous week in the 200-250 range.  Was out last night and only had two knock offs.  Screen was pretty blank on troll into 140.  Just curious if they were catching kings  in as tight as 100 fow?

go deeper - fishing was stellar last night in the 400s

Well its mid july and we are in a Summer pattern. Kings of mid size are being caught between 100 and 240 most action as of yesterday came from the 100 range. Lots of biting flys, fleas have subsided for now. The weather should be awesome for this coming week so if you can get out one should.

I was going to post this in the classified but I figured I would get better reaction from here. Im looking for a few kingfisher golden boys. If anyone has any they would like to sell please let me know.

tks

Screwy Louise doesn't have any????

Sent from my SM-G930P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Kings are spread from 120-500. They are following bait. The bait has started to "break up" into smaller groups and spread out. Find the bait and most likely you will find a fish or 2 though not all bait pods will have fish on them. I know guys who have done well in 150 and at the same time the guys in 500 are having just as much luck. Don't be afraid to cover lots of water

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

eswe fished  200-350  fish were best  230-250     5 for 6      1 rainbow and 5 kings    teens  and 20ies     mostly  on   small bait patches  spoon bite mostly   salmon  candy   was hot  today

We changed it up today and went out for browns. Plenty of them around anywhere from 60 to 80 feet of water. No monsters. Mostly 6 to 10 pounders. Unfortunately it looks like my alternator died and I need to find a mschanic to change it out. Anybody know if there are any marine mechanics around  Fairhaven?// were staying at the fairpoint marina.  

Thanks guys. I'm at Bayside marina. They have been great to work with. 

Turns out i have a hard to find altenator. I have been all over Lake Ontario trying to find the correct replacement.  Finally found one at West Marine in Rochester. Drove out and picked it up this morning. Hopefully back on the water Monday. 

Just returned from a weekend at Fairhaven. Fishing was excellent. Fish were scattered from 120 ft to 600 ft. Ended up 12 for 12. 4 matures. 4 teenagers and three steelhead. Spoons, flies and meat all took fish. Lots of fish brought into the marina. Our largest was 21 lb all three pictures came on Chinook divers out 300 ft green and white Pro trolls with atomic Ultra glow green flies. We fished 180 - 250 feet down 80 to 100 ft

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My son and I are trying to plan a much needed fishing trip.  Just wondering if the launch at Fair Haven is open.   We always stay down at the Fair Haven Motel

That is the best bet. They have a dock on top of the permanent dock @ the little sodus inn public launch. Have a good line man & a little step ladder to get in. Your chines will be over the cheater slip. Last year w/ the drought, anything over 20' would fall off the edge of the concrete, if you have a giant, be leery backing in past the doors, you should be fine though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4 hours ago, OldTex said:

My son and I are trying to plan a much needed fishing trip.  Just wondering if the launch at Fair Haven is open.   We always stay down at the Fair Haven Motel

Launch at turtle cove. I launched there last week.  It's high, but it's a safe launch. 

Edited by steelfire

Happy Friday. Full Summer mode here. The water is receded but we still have the 5mph limit. Fishing has been real good that past two weeks. A few days ago it seemed to slow down to a more Summer pattern. Most kings are in the 15lb range. 120 -250, 75 down seems to be the area. Metal has been working fine. Unfortunately the winds pick up tonight and right thru the weekend.

Please keep in mind Lake Ontario is not a place to fool around in. Its not smart to go out to 400 fow in 6-8  ft waves with a 21 foot boat with no more room than the dog house, just to prove a point. Its not a good idea to put your passengers in jeopardy. No captains yellow life jacket will save you at that point. Bad things can and do happen out there. And no matter how good you think you are.....your not! so dont put yourself and others in harms way..

Be safe have a great weekend.....

Edited by mrclean

There are fish in tight 120-200 but mostly teenagers with a lot of skippies mixed in. Most recently the offshore bite (400-600' ) has been great with a majority of 3 year old fish. Mix of spoons and flies doing the trick.

Couldn't agree more about the weather/waves. Doing many tournaments and events in BIG waves it is not fun and there is no reason to be out there. The fish will be there "tomorrow" and safety should always be #1 priority

IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG

'Bout Time
Mike

2 hours ago, mrclean said:

Happy Friday. Full Summer mode here. The water is receded but we still have the 5mph limit. Fishing has been real good that past two weeks. A few days ago it seemed to slow down to a more Summer pattern. Most kings are in the 15lb range. 120 -250, 75 down seems to be the area. Metal has been working fine. Unfortunately the winds pick up tonight and right thru the weekend.

Please keep in mind Lake Ontario is not a place to fool around in. Its not smart to go out to 400 fow in 6-8  ft waves with a 21 foot boat with no more room than the dog house, just to prove a point. Its not a good idea to put your passengers in jeopardy. No captains yellow life jacket will save you at that point. Bad things can and do happen out there. And no matter how good you think you are.....your not! so dont put yourself and others in harms way..

Be safe have a great weekend.....

you are so right ..... was going to solo fish Thursday and things came up so didn't wake it out . looked at noaa last night and said i go in the morning . got up this morning and check noaa and the radar and seen it change from last night. with storms over Ontario and winds out of s sw at 15 knots . i really feel safe in my 23 1/2 foot saber with high sides but when the shyt hits the fan there is no one to save your ass when are solo fishing. sitting on the patio now and there is good 10 to 15 knot wind here at the house . glad i didn't go but still have that i am missing out felling , oh well the fish be there another day ....

you are so right ..... was going to solo fish Thursday and things came up so didn't wake it out . looked at noaa last night and said i go in the morning . got up this morning and check noaa and the radar and seen it change from last night. with storms over Ontario and winds out of s sw at 15 knots . i really feel safe in my 23 1/2 foot saber with high sides but when the shyt hits the fan there is no one to save your ass when are solo fishing. sitting on the patio now and there is good 10 to 15 knot wind here at the house . glad i didn't go but still have that i am missing out felling , oh well the fish be there another day ....

Couldn't agree more!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app