Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

11 hours ago, maddog said:

Any word on the water level? Is the Fair Haven state park launch open? Is the bay still a no wake zone?

The state Park Launch is closed for the year according to the park the last time I was there.

The Governor extended the 5 MPH bay and 600' form shore rule through Sept 2nd.

After the mix up temp was down as far as 140. Most fish caught are still in that 150-300 range. Size ranges from 6 -15 lbs. The lsi launch is open. West barrier bar is still closed, state park launch done for the season. The water has come down around 8 inches and the 5mph might go well into September. 

Good luck to all the Fair Haven represent at the A TOM IK invitational.  Looks like rain for the weekend hopefully that makes fish go lol...

Fishings awesome. Fish are pretty much everywhere. 120-250 and beyond. Most in the range of 10-15 but some nice 20+ came in yesterday. A 30 lb fish got the K a day at the invitational in oswego.

Still a 5mph limit but that shouldnt deter go get em...

Head deep. 450'-600' and put it down in temperature

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

X2. 400-600 loaded with fish. Temp down 110-120. Even did a King on 220 rigger. Don't be afraid to fish the marks :)

12 hours ago, bout time said:

X2. 400-600 loaded with fish. Temp down 110-120. Even did a King on 220 rigger. Don't be afraid to fish the marks :)

Bout Time,

Still mostly a meat bite or are flies starting to work better yet?? Two weeks ago it was mostly a meat bite for us.

Bout Time,
Still mostly a meat bite or are flies starting to work better yet?? Two weeks ago it was mostly a meat bite for us.

Honestly changes daily. We've done really good lately on mag metal ( green jeans, carbon 14 ). Green dot spinny with stud fly, and matador / sweat pea, and then cannonball rig taken a lot of fish. I start with 2 spoons, 2 flasher flies, 2 meat rigs and adjust from there.

Fishing remains good

Worked water from 160-380. Fish were scattered from 90 down to 200. Temp was DEEP 52* down 125.

Took fish off riggers at 120/125/140/165. Dipsies out 375/390. Mix of flasher flies and spoon bite.

Ended with 7 bites in 4.5 hours. 6 Kings and a laker. Biggest king bounced scale around 28.

IMG_7371.JPGIMG_7354.JPGIMG_7331.JPG

'Bout Time
Mike

I have only trolled for salmon out of Henderson and never ventured out that far with my kayak at FH, how many miles straight out from the chute do you hit 100+'?

A little more than 2.5 miles to hit 100'

'Bout Time
Mike