Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

There may be but Ive never seen any.. Actually I was there last night with the kayak.They are all over the bay this year..Like I said there all skiddish. I think this clear water has something to do with that.

This year the bays are loaded with Zebra mussels. I have never seen it like this before on Lake Ontario (at least Fair Haven area). They were reported from sodus to Fair Haven and in mass amounts

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 months later...

Happy Holidays everyone hope u all got your fishing xmas gifts lol...We are in full Winter mode and it looks like the fun is just beginning. Its going to be down toward zero during this week so hopefully the ice fully freezes so these guys can get out there..Have a great  week and have a great New Years!!

I haven’t ice fished since my last trip to Quinte, where I nearly froze to death and never even had a bite. After realizing that we got scammed. 15 years ago I’m ready to give it a try again. A couple of guys on here are going to take me under their wing, and with my uncles insulated ice hut and real chairs not a upside down 5 gallon bucket I’m actually pumped about going:yes:. The single digits and or -0 temps should lock things up pretty quick!!!

I’m with ya there also, but the reality of it happening to stay in a liquid state is pretty much out the window!! Not like last year where you guys were trolling browns in February:lol: 

I hear ya mike,wishfull thinking,i was happy we were able to get out in mexico a couple weeks ago.only month we missed trolling last year was January.january isn't looking to good for this coming year either.

• 3 weeks later...

What a mess lol. We go from extremely frozen to extremely thaw. Bay is still iced over. I would imagine with tonights front moving in the ice will re-harden again. Guess its time to re-button up the hatches lol..

Yea but I like to run that thing lol...
 I thought I would pass something in here that ive been working on. And im not trying to cross any websites or anything like that but basically people have seen me on the water with my kayaks and mostly I used them last year just for the respect to the high waters we had. 

Honestly the things are a blast and some people in the area I met on the water ,asked me to put together a kayak group thru meetup. Plus there are a few in this thread that do kayak in our area and I thought I would pass it along so here is the link...

I just put it together the other day and we already have over 25 members. Again im not cross threading i just thought I would pass this on if anyone is interested....

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful day here today. There is ice at the south end but by the chute it was relatively clear. Not much ice pack out on the lake as well. The water level was low when it froze so you could see a lot...Stays this way could be early iceout....

Image may contain: sky, outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, snow, outdoor and nature

• 1 month later...
Thanks Mike. Are you looking to get out any time soon

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Not rushing it. Seems like every year I do get water running through my block we get a hard freeze the next week or so. I usually do all maintenance in March and shoot for hitting the water in April.

'Bout Time
Mike
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys, we come from VT most years for spring browns. Its always hard to plan a week to be there due to weather obviously. I debated with one of the guys I go with, and based on the type of winter we have had he thinks April 18th to the 22nd will be too late for the best shallow brown program and water will likely be too clear. Do you guys mind giving me your thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hello Guys, we come from VT most years for spring browns. Its always hard to plan a week to be there due to weather obviously. I debated with one of the guys I go with, and based on the type of winter we have had he thinks April 18th to the 22nd will be too late for the best shallow brown program and water will likely be too clear. Do you guys mind giving me your thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Definitely Some of the best spring brown fishing to be had then. Hard to beat last 2 weeks of April.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app