Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

yeah  we will be up  4/21 to 5/6 for a spring trip  hope the water level is ok and our summer trip is from 7/21 to 8/5 staying at the yacht club cottage.

After that   it will be all   Bluefin fishing as  my kid will be fishing a brand new 55x24  Dixon  that will be ready for sea trials  in a couple weeks.

Nice!! We will be up  a week later than usual this year, 7/22 to 8/5. Last spring I did really well on Browns about 4 miles East of the bay towards Oswego. There are a couple small creeks that come in down there and they stained the water green. Find the green water and you will find the Browns. Every time we went through the green water we would have 5 or 6 fish on. We also bumped into a couple spring kings down there. Keep that area in mind if your out looking for Browns.

Edited by steelfire
  • Like 1

Its different every year. Whatever weather pattern that developes within the last week of this month will set the tone. Right now were all at 100% of great fishing from right now to June (Yup ive been thru years where browns are still close in June) so we will really have to see in a couple of weeks where we actually stand...

But its getting close.....roll the dice on the weather...

On 3/15/2018 at 2:54 PM, mrclean said:

Its different every year. Whatever weather pattern that developes within the last week of this month will set the tone. Right now were all at 100% of great fishing from right now to June (Yup ive been thru years where browns are still close in June) so we will really have to see in a couple of weeks where we actually stand...

But its getting close.....roll the dice on the weather...

You are correct Mr Clean. But the one thing that dosen't change is, find the green water and find the mother load of browns in it!! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Fished this morning from 6:30 to 11. Launched at the park. Water was very muddy in close so I stayed out in 12 to 15 foot. Water temp was 36/37. Boated 5 browns, let all the fish go. Rapala shadowrap in haymaker and perch pattern Thunderstick worked well. Pulled different spoons all morning with no takers.

Edited by thejigger

Batton down the hatches. secure the boats...its windy here today. Even the swans (look way back by the trees) were securing their nest yesterday.....They aint stupid lolImage may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Lol so we go from 50 degrees to 30 with snow....yes its back. but should go away quickly...If you remember two years ago it got real cold and wintery in April...Looks like its that pattern again..

Hi everyone been coming up for about 10 years now we will be up on the 19th of this month hopefully the weather warms up! Question for anyone who has information, we have been using inline planers for years now and have an array of diff kinds from yellow bird, sidewinder, off-shore, but have recently purchased a mast. We are waiting on our Otter Boats we ordered for weeks but are still on back order. Starting to get worried they won't come in on time does anyone have any suggestions on other boards? Or know of availability of boards seems like everywhere I look everything is sold out? Thanks 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, mrclean said:

Batton down the hatches. secure the boats...its windy here today. Even the swans (look way back by the trees) were securing their nest yesterday.....They aint stupid lolImage may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Well at least your boat isn't parked in front of the trailer this year!

Boy it is freezing, windy and raw. Lol If one were to read three years ago in this thread at this time we would see it was Winter all over again...Not so bad this year but April is known for this stuff...Not much good for this weekend im afraid....lets see what next week brings....

Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor and nature

Edited by mrclean

On 4/5/2018 at 3:30 PM, FlounderPounder said:

Hi everyone been coming up for about 10 years now we will be up on the 19th of this month hopefully the weather warms up! Question for anyone who has information, we have been using inline planers for years now and have an array of diff kinds from yellow bird, sidewinder, off-shore, but have recently purchased a mast. We are waiting on our Otter Boats we ordered for weeks but are still on back order. Starting to get worried they won't come in on time does anyone have any suggestions on other boards? Or know of availability of boards seems like everywhere I look everything is sold out? Thanks 

I have been in a pinch like that before many outings.  Ebay has been clutch if there is a "buy it now" option.  Saw one New Otter Board available when I did a quick search

Now this is April lol...Its been cold and windy. The few that have gone out around here caught small ones and threw em back.. Looks like we warm things up real soon...I should be in the water sometime next week but honestly this weather does hold us back..Until then ill Kayak. So I wake up at 5am nice and dry.....9am six inches of snow.....Lol I couldnt resist...If I had more time I would have gone to the pier and worked the inside.....this weekend.. Heres a short vid from this am I posted for the kayak group

Edited by mrclean

love it MrClean I hope to make it out soon, life has been too busy since last fall and hasn't let up to fish since last october.  I have a reliable source that has been having great luck for the last 2 weeks, just not in the Fair Haven area yet but many have been large.  Should be making their way in soon!