Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Well it looks like if any of us are going out fishing this weekend. We gonna get real wet lol. It will be warmer thats good. Lots of rain it looks like...who knows maybe that will change. So we  shall see. Mr. Clean gets uncovered regardless, let nature wash her out before I get to it lol.... Water levels are fine. Right where they should be .

We shot this last year about this time......We should be fine....

Fished solo this morning. Put in at the Park and went west. Went 9 for 11 in 5 hours, all the fish were browns and were released. 36 to 37 degree water, Stinger NBK and A.S.S Chart Alewife were the spoons and JR Thunderstick, pink with a green back and also perch pattern. Fun fun fun

Ohhh I give Bill all the credit in the world lol....Till we sit around the camp fire...Then I tell him the only reason he caught such a big boy is cause I was on the boat with him lol...And hey lol The netter is just as important lol

• Like 1

Is there a place in Fairhaven other than the state campground that allows overnight parking. We will have a truck camper with a boat. Can we just sleep in the boat launch parking lot at stater park?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

People do sometimes park overnight in the municipal lot across from the Little Sodus Inn.  Im not sure if the park is charging to get in right now....But they wont allow overnight stay.

Hey guys I have a sidebar question...Does anyone know of a place in "Blind Sodus Bay" that I can launch a kayak or small paddle boat. Or do I have to use one of the marinas in their. I thought there was a place us locals could dump in...thanks

Image may contain: outdoor

I was asked to post this very sad information.  It is the same that appears on a couple of FB pages.

It is with the heaviest of hearts that this post is made.

Kenny Scott, son of Reese Scott and Brother of Cody Scott, and Member of the "Gray Fox" Fishing Team has passed away.

Please take some time to pray for him and his family and take some time to remember him while out on the water. 

His Dad, Reese, has asked that this news be posted and has asked that donations be made in his memory to the Fair Haven Net Pen Project instead of flowers.

For those who wish to do so; donations (checks need to be made out to:  Fair Haven Net Pen Project) can be sent to:

Fair Haven Net Pen Project

C/O Werner Stenger

14513 Lake Street

Sterling NY 13156

Our Prayers go out to the family.  Anyone who met Kenny knows that he always left those around him with a smile on their face.  He will be remembered as a great person, fisherman, family guy, and person who was always there helping out with whatever needed to get done.  One of those guys who truly made a difference in the lives of those around him.

5 hours ago, mrclean said:

Hey guys I have a sidebar question...Does anyone know of a place in "Blind Sodus Bay" that I can launch a kayak or small paddle boat. Or do I have to use one of the marinas in their. I thought there was a place us locals could dump in...thanks

Image may contain: outdoor

Pretty sure you'd have to go to one of the marinas. I tried to do the same a couple years ago but couldn't find anything. I ended up at that really nice cottage on the point and the owner was outside. the small road ends pretty much at his driveway. I asked him if there was a public launch around and he didn't know of one.

Never launched there but the owner of Spanky's Bait once told me I could access right at the cove on the right as you are driving in.  Not sure if that is just for winter access or not, in fact I don't even know if Spanky's is even still open for business anymore

50 minutes ago, greenhornet73 said:

Never launched there but the owner of Spanky's Bait once told me I could access right at the cove on the right as you are driving in.  Not sure if that is just for winter access or not, in fact I don't even know if Spanky's is even still open for business anymore

I think your referring to the ramp across from Holiday Harbor Campground. Definitely would have to pay to launch there. Might be $6? Bout TIme would probably know if there was a another place on that bay you could launch for free. Someone told me Mike knows everything. Oh wait! That was Mike!! :lol:

Fishing isnt bad, Typical Spring, most of the browns are 4-6 lb 10 20 off shore,  , they will get bigger as the water gets warmer. I took the boat out today for a short drive is all...Water level i fine, water color neutral . 

Nice day inside the bay actually...

Edited by mrclean

No water levels are fine. maybe slightly high but thats about it. Looks like rain for tonight then we should be fine for the weekendImage may contain: one or more people, sky, car and outdoort then it should be nice fishing for the weekend...