Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

On 3/20/2019 at 3:58 PM, nhbait said:

yes we will be   there also  the last 2 weeks of July   7/20 to8/3 then hopefully   Tuna fishing   for  Sept and Oct

Same two weeks that we will be there! We will see you then

typical Spring weather now. The lake was rockin the last couple of days. First time ive seen a charter boat go out. Well see what they do. The water level is fine. I have seen it a lot higher and lower as well. Most of the run off is gone so we should be fine. Im sure there is fish out there. Good time for calico's in the south end.  my dump in date is the 19th...Go get em lol..

004.JPG

• Like 1

I went west again today, had 41 degree water, 10 to 15 ft. Stayed out of the real muddy stuff and caught 6 Browns, 1 Atlantic and a 7lb Coho, all but the Coho are back in the lake. Rapala Shadow Rap both Halloween and Haymaker, black and silver jointed Rapala, Bay Rats and spoons took the fish. This is the third trip to Fair Haven this year, I have been the only one in the launch all three times and have only seen 2 other boats while fishing. I have been fishing the Big O since 1980 and don't understand the lack of fisherman. The fishing is on fire along the whole South shore, good luck!

Well if one wants to deal with 30 mph winds out of the south have at it lol...For those who have got out this week fishing was pretty good. The few charters did get fish in tight as usual. I get dumped in next week. CU on the water..

Image may contain: sky, boat, outdoor, nature and water

• Like 1

We did well on Saturday and Sunday right out of the chute!  Bayrat fire tiger, J-11 perch were best for sticks, some natural dark green and dark purple spoons did ok too. Ended boating 3 kings lost a couple more and about 20 browns also caught 2 real nice small mouth bass west of the chute. Weather turned on us Sunday it Monday so we couldn’t keep fishing if it wasn’t a 5 hour drive I’d be coming back on the weekends! Good luck the rest of the year to everyone! 

• Like 1

Stay home....This is not the weekend to be here. Currently winds are gusting to the 30's plus its snowing and blowing....Water level is way up but thats most likely due to the heavy winds going on now...8 ft waves at a minimum. They say its going to calm down tomorrow......stay home lol...

2 hours ago, mrclean said:

Stay home....This is not the weekend to be here. Currently winds are gusting to the 30's plus its snowing and blowing....Water level is way up but thats most likely due to the heavy winds going on now...8 ft waves at a minimum. They say its going to calm down tomorrow......stay home lol...

And we thought the rollers were bad there last Saturday ......:o

Water levels are up due to the IJC , spring runoff, and rain. They are not releasing anymore water until the water in Canada starts residing. It has risen nearly 8-10” last week and going up more. Not predicting as bad as 2017 but a close second

‘Bout Time

Mike

Lets not everyone get paranoid lol. Yes the water is high it will recede its not like 2017... Here is a copy from Bayside Marinas page....Dont jump ship people it aint all that bad despite what some say lol

"Contrary to any rumors Bayside Marina WILL be launching boats daily regardless of flood water levels. We have the equipment and the resources to make it possible to get everyone in the water. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the office staff at 315-947-5773. HIGH water will not compromise our launching schedule."