Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Where is the best place to launch in Fair Haven?  Do you use the State Park boat launch?  I'll be staying near Pulaski in a week or so and was thinking about making the drive to Fair Haven to explore some new water.

Thanks!

The state has closed the outside piers at Fair Haven park. Today they have put out the center floating piers and they have raised the walkway a foot and are open.

Went 5 for 6 yesterday. 4 nice kings and a real nice steelhead. Chartreuse and green worked best for us. Spoons took most. Best fishing was right at the end of the chute. The fog was real thick by the end of the day. Still thick this morning. 20190503_180939.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Are there any public fish cleaning stations in town?

We have to check out of our cabin by 11 tomorrow and plan on fishing up until the last minute. I'd rather not wait until I get home tomorrow night to take care of any fish we get in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow six years to the day! how fast it goes. Today is the 6th anniversary of this thread.  Thanks to all your input, this thread has become one of the most popular if not the most popular thread on this site. Over 200K plus views and over a thousand posts! Not to mention the awesome information this thread has created as it was intended to do!  Lets see if we can make it to ten years...Then we will have a huge party lol...

That being said the Fog pulled in this am shut down the fishing. The few that went out came back in due to the calmness of the water. Maybe tomorrow. Kudos to everyone once again for making this a very informative thread...
Carmen (Mr. Clean)

002.JPG

• Like 2

X2!  I just got my boat back yesterday and need to do a little trailer work before I can take it out.  You won’t be seeing the little red kayak trolling out there this year

EBA54DC3-539E-45DA-9258-33A607027862.jpeg

Edited by greenhornet73
Add picture

On 5/2/2019 at 11:59 AM, mrclean said:

Absolutely the state park is the best for boaters not familiar with the area. There are local launches but start there first...

Thank you!  Hopefully my son and I will be there this Saturday for his first trip to Lake O, and my first trip that far west.

We got a late start today. Southeast wind then became southwest. Water was ok to about 30 fow or so then it got rough. Couple of missed hits then the kings were hungry. We got 5 in about an hour. 3 came as a triple. What a fire drill. Managed to get all 3. The one was 20 lbs.
All were caught in 20-25 fow. Stinger and dreamwever spoons in a blue and green combination was best for us.That's when the wind really started ripping. Slow day turned into a great day.20190509_163357.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

The launches are open and fishing is fine.  Picked this little guy up today right outside the chute...The recent rain and winds spread the fish out more. You just need to find them..

Image may contain: 1 person, sky, outdoor, water and nature