Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

The water is receding At least I dont have to swim to get to my boat lol. FIshing has been Summer patterns, some find them some dont. Those that do are in the 150 to 180 range 90 ft down. Last week most caught Browns believe it or not. Not too many salmon as of late. Looks like very little rain coming our way and they are finally letting water out of the lake. Personally I would hate to be affiliated with the Joint commission from this point on. lol...NY state is going to be right up their ass come Fall when its time to drain the lake. 

• Like 1

The politicians gave them permission for higher highs and lower lows, the fishing / tourism business is losing a few million dollars this year which doesn't  hurt the commission, they are making a few billion extra in cargo fees because the ships can haul extra weight.. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

This was my first time fishing at New Haven. Thursday evening caught one within 10 minutes at 135 ft, down 75. Friday was too rough so we fished the bay for bass. Saturday morning went 4 for 5 of mature salmon. 150 ft. down 80 at 2.2 MPH. All on flasher and flies. Spoons did nothing. Only hooked up on a westerly troll. Saturday evening had one release. Sunday morning we gave it a try but it was too rough for my boat. When the waves splashed over the bow we packed up and headed home. 

• 1 month later...

No photo description available.f

Fishing has been awesome. Some as heavy as 30 been sneaking around. Once you get out to 225 fow they are scattered all over. Meat, spoons etc all work well. We mostly marked fish in 90 down.  The trend should continue as the water recedes  It is still up there but very fishable. No fishing license needed until labor day and the park is half off. Go get em!....

• Like 2

I will be up Sunday to fish the week as well between Oz and Fairhaven.  I’ll post findings as well. Have heard fish are scattered from 200 all the way out to 500 feet. Hopefully the upcoming SW wind will help   

Was up this weekend and did well. The temps were good 50 down from 70 FOW all the way out to 300 FOW. We went 5 for 6 on Sat. and 1 for 4 on Sunday. We had an epic battle that lasted around 25 minutes until finally this monster straightened out the treble hook. I have been fishing for a long time and this was by far the biggest fish I have ever felt in this lake. It took the dipsy on meat at 230 ft.of wire out and when we lost him he had took us out to 350 feet of wire. I didnt need any more pain after that battle. But we still managed a 20 lbr. after that and had to leave. Can't wait to do it again in 2 weeks. Thanks for always having updates on this thread. Mr. clean does a great job all the time. Also, you can hear chatter on channel 72 but some of the Capts. will not communicate if you are not in there circle. Me and my cousin are always sharing info and you can call us out asking for Group Tightener or GT2. We are always happy to share info. See you all in 2 weeks. Good Luck to all.

GT2 AKA SEENYOUR OKUMA

Fish are spread from 100-500 right now. If you can find the pockets you will do well. Saturday we fished from 6am - 11am and ended 10-14. We started to set lines in 150 and took our first fish around 220. We hit fish all the way to 500 before turning around. Multiple doubles. Out of the 14 bites 10 were on meat. Mix of riggers, dipsies, and coppers all taking fish.

‘Bout Time
Mike

Very calm today with no wind. Did well in close early 125 fow down about 50ft. Then they spread out. Trolled out to 400. Didn't mark much and picked up a double around 250. They hit on just about everything, meat, flies and spoons. Got pretty hot out there with no wind so we came in.

• 6 months later...

So hear we are second of March, ive seen three flocks of geese, its 50 out, the ice drag races were cancelled  due to lake of ice. and little snow on the ground. the water level looks normal to me one way or the other.  We do have a ways to go yet but for now we should take this as a sign of soon to come lol....That i s all I have to say now lol....Hope everyone has had a nice winter. For me it went by quick.