Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

If I were still out there I would be part of the mudline haha. No I ended up bypassing the electric starter that had blown by using a rope stringer I had on the boat to manually pull start it.  Boy that first season of being a boat owner made me get to know my motor more than I ever knew I would. It was one thing after another but got everything worked out without any major catastrophes. Chomping at the bit to get out there before April

If I were still out there I would be part of the mudline haha. No I ended up bypassing the electric starter that had blown by using a rope stringer I had on the boat to manually pull start it.  Boy that first season of being a boat owner made me get to know my motor more than I ever knew I would. It was one thing after another but got everything worked out without any major catastrophes. Chomping at the bit to get out there before April
Better times to come Hornet! Hope all's well. Hoping to get out this spring once before I rebuild the Misty Harbor. She's getting scruffy in her old age. Only fitting I guess. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 months later...

So here we are in the middle of fishing season the real battle is not between the human and the fish but rather the human and the virus....How does it feel to be hunted btw lol... Back in March fishing was hot. Kings, browns all being caught just outside the chute. Problem was nobody really could fish. For those that did make it out, they did well. Water was setup perfect. However now that we can get out to the lake the situation has changed there and fishing has been poor to say the least. How bad may you ask??? Welp charter captains have reduced themselves to pike fishing in the bay. Plain as that!. Will it change??? yes it will and of course this long running thread will continue to update us all....

Edited by mrclean

So here we are in the middle of fishing season the real battle is not between the human and the fish but rather the human and the virus....How does it feel to be hunted btw lol... Back in March fishing was hot. Kings, browns all being caught just outside the chute. Problem was nobody really could fish. For those that did make it out, they did well. Water was setup perfect. However now that we can get out to the lake the situation has changed there and fishing has been poor to say the least. How bad may you ask??? Welp charter captains have reduced themselves to pike fishing in the bay. Plain as that!. Will it change??? yes it will and of course this long running thread will continue to update us all....However in the meantime I would like to make a friendly suggestion to the charter captains in particular....

Your boats are not conductive to six foot distancing rules. I personally find it a little disturbing that I regularly see these boats going out with four sometimes five humans in the back (Some including children) and not one person is six foot away or more and not one person including the captains are  wearing masks....Im sure this is not across the board but please keep in mind that 99.9 and 9 thenths of your customers and in many cases you the captain of your vessel come from way outside this region. Many of your crew is local....I really think you should all start sporting masks...Maybe get creative and have masks made with your charter logo on it but do something because your not helping the situation.....Your ignoring it.....Enough said...

We will continue to update this thread on the fishing as we have done for the past seven years....In the meantime try and stay safe???

What caused the dramatic change? Was it the northeast wind last week followed by constant south winds?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea pretty much the winds did kill it. totally clear very cold water well below 50...We were hoping for some strong nw winds last weekend but that didnt happen....Obviously it should change cause of the time of year we are in

• 4 weeks later...

Has fishing picked up in Fair Haven since the end of May??? Nope! Unfortunately it has not. I have not seen a hard june like this in years. The water has not changed. The winds pretty much either out of the west or the south??? sometimes even east lol...Water is getting warmer but still is cold. Bait fishing in the bay has been good for the most part. Lets hope for an awesome July and August. But hey! Today is fathers day so get out there with your kids and you wont even realize the fish are not there lol...

007.JPG

• Like 1

West is best they say and today that came true for Time flys Sportfishing who took a group from Nikko baits for some testing and fun on a hot lake. After a fun day on the lake they came back with three salmon and one steelhead. The big king was close to 20lbs Its awesome to see nice fish come in again. Hopefully the trend continues.. Lol...

010.JPG

005.JPG

Edited by mrclean

Fished out of fair haven Sunday afternoon. Bit bumpy but the lake flattened a little around 5:00. Started slow stayed slow. Couldn’t find temp from 100-250 fow. Best screen was in 150 with fish on the bottom. Down 80 was 58 degrees though. The boys did land and release the 3 that wanted to cooperate. DR bites down 80 on meat and then the old DW 2 face. 

3A9777CE-15CF-48CF-A20E-9D3AA1A47EF7.jpeg

95AC2BBE-F36F-4143-A6BB-D3A020E35E89.jpeg

C02303FF-821E-4011-BB63-847C0A33CE0B.jpeg

• Like 2

Fished out of fair haven Sunday afternoon. Bit bumpy but the lake flattened a little around 5:00. Started slow stayed slow. Couldn’t find temp from 100-250 fow. Best screen was in 150 with fish on the bottom. Down 80 was 58 degrees though. The boys did land and release the 3 that wanted to cooperate. DR bites down 80 on meat and then the old DW 2 face. 

3A9777CE-15CF-48CF-A20E-9D3AA1A47EF7.thumb.jpeg.9b217ce2517dc7bd8ae2da6a789194ea.jpeg
95AC2BBE-F36F-4143-A6BB-D3A020E35E89.thumb.jpeg.c7431f9a1a17a988d3a0cc526cbaf9dc.jpeg
C02303FF-821E-4011-BB63-847C0A33CE0B.thumb.jpeg.5c683452c47bb4cb1ba5d2955a975df6.jpeg
Beautiful catch. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can’t believe it but after all this time finally have a day off tomorrow to fish FH for the first time this year.  Probably going to run a combination of the hot baits of last summer and try out a deep meat rig

Caught three small kings ,straight out 1 was 24. All caught out 140-170 100 ft down on two face flasher with white fly,  No hits on spoons or meat just on that flasher, hardly any marks, temp at 100 didn’t  see any bait, still great being out

Edited by thork9

Solid afternoon trip. Took my uncle out for his first trip this year. Fished from 3-7pm. Took a total of 10 shots landing 6. Mix of flies and meat. Dipsies out 240 - 350 and riggers 90-125. Worked waters from 140-200. Best of the day was 450 copper with stud meat rig. That took 5 bites. Most fish coming from 44-45* water

Adjustments.thumb.JPG.da4ebd729c7ff60f3dbb6c7fbd8af90d.JPGIMG_3868.thumb.JPG.c805b3880cbf1f22dbc8644a47a69874.JPGIMG_3854.thumb.JPG.f3946988f58273831330b483a263177c.JPG

‘Bout Time

Mike