Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

We did 2 adult kings this morning and three more this evening. Green glow spiny and big fin glow was hot as was the live live hammer fly. 95 down Over 175. Had no hits on spoons today.

Glad to hear you got some nice fish baitnh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

the weather channel looks decent but the wave reports giving a whole different story.. Is anyone up in Fair Haven that can tell me what is actually happening? I am trying to come up today but don't want to waste a 4 hr. ride for not. Please advise!

It is windy at Fair Haven, NE winds close to 15 mph. I would say probably 4 footers out there. Wave forecast calls for them to come down around 5 p.m., but we'll have to see.

You know how the camera doesn't seem to capture wave heights. This is pointing at the pier from the beach, essentially pointing west. Will add picture in next reply, didn't click "full version" on my phone before typing this, so I think I have to come back to attach pic.

Picture taken 15 minutes ago.

I was up there at 7am and the inlet coming out of little sodus bay had solid 4-5 footers rolling in. Was too much for my 18ft boat so we put her back on the trailer and will try again tomorrow. Weather looks much better with sub 5mph winds all day long.

Edited by FishingFool34

Any comments on conditions tomorrow? Weather channel is calling 5-7 NNE for tomorrow... but they also called for 10-12 today and it was blowing easily 15+ this morning. Nothing worse than a 90 min drive just to turn around and go home (like we already did today). Only have an 18 ft Lund.

Well. Long day with nothing to show for it but a sunburn for me. Not sure if the fishing was that tough or it was just my inability to find fish and control my speed.

Waves got real nasty by midday.

Yeah it was not a friendly day yesterday either. We went out and gave it an honest effort but didn't even mark a fish. Fished in 120-180 fow marked some bait in 80-100 ft but no fish. Luckily I don't get seasick... Can't say the same for the other guy fishing with me though lol. The rollers were even starting to get to me a little after 6hrs of constant 2-4 footers. Now I see why you guys all have big boats!

Edited by FishingFool34

Fished dawn to 5pm yesterday west of chute 150-320 fow did 1 King 19# 1 10#s and a small laker feel pretty beat up today both kings came on white green dot paddle with white fly 220 on wire dipsey screen was blank all day