Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Oh yeah, it stayed 60' back right in the spread and went airborne 4-5 times, then made a nice run straight back, then streaked to the starboard side, then slowly came to me. It spit the spoon as soon as it hit the deck, so I feel REAL fortunate to have landed her!

On Sunday we also marked nice balls of bait and fish on bottom and balls of bait around 50'ish from 104-130 FOW like most people, but we kept the speed up a little trying to target salmon. Had a F/F white crush/white fly near bottom on one rigger, spoons with sliders on the other 2 riggers staggered in the water column, Frog Dipsy w mountain dew echip and hammer fly 250-325 copper, White crushDipsey with NBK then lemon ice stingray spoon 175-245 copper. Darker spoons in am changing out to brighter spoons later. Orange, pink, bright stuff on sliders. Bright stuff on the boards..... We will give it hell again next weekend!

Yea they are always a fun fight. This year they are nice size too....Alot of times with that hook there is so much torque on the line as your fighting it, the hooks tend to stretch the skin and once you net the fish, the pressure releases and the hook comes out as she hits  the floor lol. I kinda like when it happens, no need to get the piers out and risk getting cut lol....

Sunday was a beautiful day to be out. Lots of bait pods out there and fish suspended around. The lakers are working, just go slow and low lol...Hmmmm welcome to the dog days of Summer lol...

The winds stay consistent this week. We gotta replace a small section of fuel line and were gonna give it a go maybe Wednesday or so....

There will be lol. Not much was going on since Monday hardly anyone went out but were heading out tomorrow after we replace some fuel line. Its funny we go from a low starting water level to extremely high.  Its pouring now and should be good fishin..

Honestly imo if you go out real early I would start in close right outside the chute say 14 feet and troll for browns up to about 50ish. Then start at 120 for kings. 120 for me has always been a good starting point for kings. The next thing you know your in 240 lol...

Im just going to shoot out to 100 and start from there I think. All depends on how long this hose job takes...

Saturday and Sunday the bait was at 150 mark pretty steady. I would imagine it has moved somewhat.

Edited by mrclean

Coming out tonight to set up the boat for the weekend then up early to go get 'em. Probably gonna poke around inside for browns first then head out deeper for salmon/steelies. Should give us an idea what to do Sunday. Will post what happens...

We're heading out in the AM to see what we can find. Give us a shout on the radio or see us back at Screwy Louie's any time after 1pm. Remember, anyone who stops by can get 10% off any new tackle!! With any luck we'll have the 1st place Summer LOC fish for everyone to see too!! :P

Well if you liked roller coasters today was the day lol. We went out and made it to about 100 feet and that was that!  The winds stayed steady during the night and gave us 2-3 footers steady for the whole day coming in from the NW. I played around for a couple of hours and gave up. I did do a brown run just outside the chute, the place is loaded with fish, could be Bass??? but loaded....

For those that stayed in close lakers were the takers. Even the charters had a tough day coming in with a couple of lakers, but for some who made it out to 200+ there were kings out there. Capt Doug of the time flyes scored two nice kings, one off a dipsy copper 300 plus back and the other big one on the rigger 100 feet down.

Others were out as well and im sure they will report in hopefully better than most did today lol...

Hey! tomorrow is fathers day so its our day to hit em lol. The front moves in over night and it will be cloudy and raining somewhat but if the lake settles it should be good fishin....

I rate today as a 3 lol. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Went out Saturday 6/15 and stayed in close fishing just outside the mud line in 15-25 ft of water east of the shoot.

Sent out boards with spoons and smithwicks 100 - 125 back and smithwick out the back 200 ft.

2.2 - 2.6 mph.

Between first two bluffs picked up 7+ Brown. Nice fat football. on a 31/2inch smithwick (black back, silver sides with diagonal bars, orange belly)

About half way between the second bluff and the point picked up another Brown same size on 41/2 inch smithwick with brown back,

light brown sides with red verticl lines (looks like bloody lines/dots)  I think off white belly.

Made the turn and things were getting choppy so we headed in. Little breezy but a beautyful day at the marina.

Sunday 6/16 - Decieded to try to head out for Salmon. Cruzed out to 150 ft. of water and set up.

One rigger was 8 inch flasher and meat rig. (strip) 80 down other rigger was 8 inch flasher with fly (home made powder blue hammer looking fly)70 down.

Two dipseys one with 11 inch flasher with whole meat rig 180 ft out on 3 setting other dipesywith 8 inch spinny with green home made fly (same as above but green fly)220 out on 3 setting.

Got out to 180 fow and had release on flasher/powder blue fly but no fish. Same happened at 210 fow.

At 245 fow 80 down other rigger went off with flasher / Meat and pulled in a 8+ lb. Coho. Beautyful fish.

Trolled out to 330 fow with no marks / no fish so we turned south as with the south blow things were getting pretty choppy that far out.

On the way back we did another Coho at 220 fow 70 down on the rigger with flasher/ blue fly.

Trolled to 130fow with no action so we headed in just in time for the rain.

Hope the king fishing picks up soon.

Awesome report. I so much wanted to stay in close for those browns. I figure with that water temp the way it was those had to be browns on my screen. I may try em tomorrow am before I head out deep.

The salmon fishing will pickup for sure. Last year we all got spoiled and this year is typical around FH being June is a transition month from browns (which are still in) to Kings etc(which are out real deep 250 plus) and lakers being the bread and butter for the month. This really is a normal pattern if you look historically.

We head back out tomorrow so  hopefully we can figure something out. Heck I may even throw my ole hot n tot on the rigger lol.

No it wasnt me. I left dock at 6:15 and was back at 9 30 ish??. The rest of the day I spent dock fishing lol.

Yea people jig all the time for minnows (lol) around the chute and various places in the bay.

Tomorrows weather looks fine. I think were gonna give it a shot tomorrow first thing.

Ummm.... Left dock before 6am Saturday and headed east out of the chute into the roller coaster. Set up inside for browns in 15-20 FOW. Kept getting our lines fouled up with weeds and debris so we we went out to 40-50 FOW then had enough of the debris and set a course north. We cleared the crap off all the lines and settled on 135FOW put out a echip NBK flasher with blue/green atomic down70 on center rigger. Outside riggers had stinger stingray size spoons dark colors to start then changed to brighter stuff with free sliders in orange red pinks changed out throughout day. A frog dipsey with echip mountaindew and hammer atomic, and another dipsey white with whitecrush echip and purple death atomic. 150 to 200 copper. Picked up a 12lb laker on the center rigger F/F 70 down. Had a violent rip on the mountain dew f/f 150' but nothing home. Worked out to 150 ft then back to 100 ft and screen looked best around 130. Took another laker around15lbs on the same at 100 down. Had a few knock-offs on the spoons during the day also. Came back in around 2 all beat up from the water and wishing there was some salmon popping.

Went out Sun morning and headed right out to 150 FOW and set up with basically the same stuff. Went out to 170FOW Took a laker on the same set up. Had a few good hits on blue dolphin spoon down 65' noone home. Ran from the rain...

SLOWWW.

Nice report, yea it was rough out for sure. But at least you scored a laker. Today is a beautiful day with a stiff breeze out of the NW. The crew is on the way and were heading out in a couple of hours. There is a serious mud line out at about 30 feet. very well defined... might have to do a brown run first......

Well ill tell ya what, last night was a beautiful night to be on the lake. Perfect chop, blue sky's , awesome sunset. We fished from 4 to 7, started at 100 and worked our way out to 280, turned around and trolled back into 50. We put our best packages out consisting of purple frogs and watermelons. We literally had the whole lake to ourselves, couldnt even find a radio check. and when I mean literally I mean literally for even the fish were not there lol.

Not a hit but none the less a great night to be a mariner lol....No worries she should pickup soon. Were gonna give it a go tomorrow first thing see what we can find....

Lol I didnt even run the vid cams...the only thing you would have seen was me and two fat guts rolling around the back of the boat lol....Nice sunning weather it was lol...

First off good luck to everyone fishing the tournament. Yesterday was not bad around FH. Nice lakers caught around 120-150 down deep. Kings are being caught between 240 and 350 down 100. Still not alot of action but again, thats historical for this time of year. Im sure todays tourney will bring in some nice kings. But the big prise was an 18.5 brown taken at 30 feet just outside "the hole" by bayside Sam  on a ablack/silver stick  lol. Great job!

I went out last night for a couple of hours had a ripper at 200 for my excitement.....Fished the hole (nice fish just south of it), thenc came in

back out later...enjoy everyone!!!

Yesterday wasn't bad considering. The tourney out of Oswego brought in some nice salmon from waaaaaay out deep. The fish were caught out between 300 and 500. Most of that action came off dipsy/copper rigs with spin doctors and flies. suspended at 50. They ranged from the teens to low 20's. It was a tough day no doubt but If you want lakers go to 120-150 and drag that ball thru the sand and you should be ok (they have been there for awhile now and thats mostly what is coming in for now).

Last night ritchie from catfish had two majors in 70 feet of water 35 down. I thought it was just fishin talk so I followed out again last night and sure enough the screens were busy with bait and fish just north of the hole in 70-80 feet of water. I didnt get anything for the 1.5 I was out but boy it was exciting to run thru that mess lol. Ill bet ya there were even some browns in that swarm. Im going to keep working that area this week, particularly around the hole toward the end of the run.....

That tells me its really going to turn on soon so hopefully everyone can enjoy around the weekend of the 4th....and hopefully the ones who go out today can score something.

Edited by mrclean

Went out Friday 6/21

Left the shoot at 5:00 am and set up around 180 fow.

Two dipsets out 180 ft with flasher and meat and other 200ft. with flasher and powder blur fly.

Two riggers one at 60 down with flasher and meat and other 70 down with flasher and fly.

Thumper rod with 42nd spoon mag 150 ft out the back.

Trolled out to 630 fow with no takers. Saw small pods of bait all the way out but no marks.

At 411 fow meat rigger goes off and we netted a 7 lb Coho.

Trolled back in to 100fow and nothing so went in for  a while. was about 2:30pm

6:00 pm we rolled out the shoot for round two to try to pick a few salmon before dark.

Trolled between 80 and 120 fow and saw lots of bait and a few marks but no takers.

Beautyful sunset though.

It was a beauty for sure. At least we got that lol....

Its been hot...too hot to fish lol. but were going to do some searching and hopefully destroying tomorrow night when she cools down. The lake has been plain flat and real hazy on shoreline. But its the same program for me. Start at 100 and work out...

I have been thinking about making a run up to give the kings a shot tomorrow. I was hoping that maybe we will find some kings in a little closer so I am planning on setting up in about 80 feet and working out.  Who else is going out? Does anybody have any advice or good news to share?