Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

Im going back out tomorrow as well. Setup remains the same. Lakers around 120-150 down, the kings are still out deep....however that 80 ft range is where I will start as well cause last time it was loaded there...This week nobody really went out lol....too hot it was lol..

So lets see what this weekend brings...I would expect more kings coming in

good luck guys

I wish I did but we didn't fare very well with the Kings. We did mark some fish 110' down over 325' out in front of the Power Plant

and had one release on the rigger, but no luck. A small brown and steelie saved us from being skunked all weekend in closer in 40-60'. The brown on a stickbait with a 2-color leadcore on the planer and the steelie 20' down with a spoon on a rigger. Saw lots of bait and fish in that 40-60' depth in front of Catfish Creek. Good luck!

Please bear in mind that we're rookies at this

Everyones a rookie this year lol....

See theres still browns in lol...Im tellin ya right north of the hole in 70-80 the place was stacked...And the lake has been pretty stagnant so it should remain the same locations so hopefully they turn on...

Edited by mrclean

mrclean

Is this the hole you're referring too? Although we did go thru that area a couple of times, I was worried about getting too close to that rock marked on the chart. And I wish we had checked our stickbaits because when we reeled them in they were loaded with weeds. Maybe we would have caught another brown or two if we had checked them? In any case we had a great first time and thanks to the very helpful posters out here, caught a few fish. You're the BEST mrclean...thanks!

post-151648-0-90983700-1372443504_thumb.jpg

No the hole I refer to is located approximately 1/2 mile NW of the pier at Fair Haven. Depth goes from the standard 30 feet and drops to 50 plus (particularly with this high water). What it really is, is a staging area for the Fall run of Salmon that go into the bay(yes they do actually swim into FH bay as a result of stocking in the bay over the years.)

But it also attracts fish and its just north of that hole in about 70 feet where all the fish/bait were holding last time we were out. The trick to fishing it is having electric downriggers so you can drop em and pick em up in and out of the hole.

Edited by mrclean

Well its slow but I managed to put two nice kings in the box this morning. One at 110 and one at about 135 both on the same setup. Dipsy diver out 250 with a white glow SD and a homemade green and silver fly.I was tempted to go out deeper with the rest of the boats but I was marking good fish and hated to leave them.  I did give up after just a few hours due to the fact that I got soaking wet and cold.  But hey I knew what I was in for when I left this morning and it still beat work. How did everybody else do? Maybe I will come back up tomorrow if the weather looks better in the morning.   

Not a bad morning at all. Put a 15 lb king and a 23 lb king in the box. Released a stealhead. Lost a jumper. And dropped a couple screamers on the wire. Even though we were soaking wet we were too busey to notice. Hope this is a good sign. Thought it was going to be slow and would have to drop down for lakers but never made it that far.

Its a great sign...Yesterday was a great day for alot of boats. Salmon were steady in the 100 to 150 range and hitting on things across the board ie spoons, flies , bait..Most were caught 100 feet down. Several boats came in with nice fish. Some like mentioned above (great job guys) steelies were taken as well. The lakers were still going well too. Some of the Charters brought nice size ones in...same program there....So congrats to everyone who fished and posted your reports. Its nice to see it turn on finally and it should shape up as it was this time last year.

Me I stayed in and got my smaller boat running. I have family coming this week so I figure I get her going. Ill start backup for kings on Tuesday am. I actually caught some nice bass (4lbs plus) right out front of chinook harbor.....As a sidebar for those coming in this week make sure you bring your smaller rods and tackle because the bay is doing well with bass, perch, pans and pike (thats a whole other world FH bay has to offer lol) and after a day on the lake its alot of fun as the sun sets in the bay for sure.

Kudos to the charter captains and others who participated in the "wounded warriors" event at  Anchor resort. Its a great thing to bring the vets out on the lake and donate your time. Also kudos for bringing the disabled children out this am too. I heard they had a great time out on the bay....

The fish cleaning station had some nice full buckets...its good to see....

Edited by mrclean

Well happy 4th of july week everyone!. So lets recap shall we lol.  Talk about a roller coaster year so far. It started out very promising with the browns. This year took awhile because of the weather but other than one week of shut down the browns faired very well. Some were nice and big in the mid to high teens which is awesome. Im still convinced some are sitting in that 70-80 foot range but I could be wrong. There were also some nice size steelhead mixed in with the browns so that was a nice surprise too.

Then came the lakers. Sort of the red headed step brother of the lake however they stopped alot of skunked days for many so I guess we have to give them their due lol. They are big this year...real big and plentiful. And it was amazing how some were hitting up in the 50 foot range...They still are on the bottom 120-150

Now we start July and its Salmon season and so far it looks right on schedule. With what came in over the weekend and WHERE they were is a great indication that we should have a great Salmon season for Summer. Im ready and I am certain all you guys (and gals) are so lets get out there and enjoy it.

Here is a stoke video from the 4th of last year. I know some of you have already seen this one but I wanted to post this to everyone wishing you all great luck on the lake wherever you are and hopefully  you get to fill the box this coming week.

Get pumped everyone ....this is our time!

Hey guys some have asked me about the fireworks I guess there was some confusion???

Anyway this weekends Fair Haven 4th of July celebration goes like this..

Thursday noon is the boat parade and the street parade starts at 7pm

Friday they have the carnival and the craft village open and a chicken bbq

Saturday are the fireworks and the ring of fire. That all starts at 9pm

Well the winds are playing the game lol. We are ready to go and will fuel up tomorrow and start in the afternoon. Now that bayside has full internet we can sort of post live lol...

But anyway thats the schedule above for those that care and hopefully we all fill the boxes over the long weekend...

Start at 100 work your way out, pick your direction and enjoy... Good luck everyone

flag.jpg

The fish might not be biting so much but the flies sure are. They are brutal lol...

The last two days its been slow, occasional steelie and some kings around 80 feet of water , 50 feet down, west of the chute. Im going to keep playing in that 70-80 feet range, Alot of stuff there for sure...Just gotta get em to move abit...

Ohhh i know that bay is on fire with the rockies lol.....beautiful day up here today....were gonna hang tight until later and then hit that 80 foot mark. There was a huge brown taken out there as well yesterday. I did weight just under 20...just under...

happy 4th weekend guys see u out there

Fished out of FH yesterday morning and went 8 for 9.  Worked shallow early and took 4 browns and a laker, then slid out and landed 3 kings and lost a nice fish on a 200 copper.  Will post a video later of one of the kings we took yesterday...water was pretty cold.  46 degrees down 27 feet on the inside.

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_9868.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

Thats awesome! You guys did better than 90 percent of us lol.....I made a mistake going deep early because the fishing was good inside. Fish were around but we could not get anything to take. Congrats to everyone who scored cause it was hard for sure. Great weekend though.

Fish seemed to be scattered. Early morning browns around 30-50 feet of water and there is still that line of fish in the 70-80 range but man they were not interested much. I went back this morning and setup in 30 feet and moved out to 180. Not a thing lol....Hell even the biting flies disappeared lol as though they knew everyone left to go home lol. So if anyone did score big kudos cause it was tough. I will say at least the lake and the sun were workin....I had no problem sitting on the rock beach the rest of the day.

When I got back this am a "headhunter" came up to me to see if I did anything. I told him no and I jokingly said I suck lol...Well he did share some decent information with me. He said (as we all know) everyone was spoiled last year. For the month of June they inspected approximately 700 kings last year....this year 100 which is the avg...He like the rest of us believes it will really turn on soon....

Lets see if Tuesday is soon lol

Edited by mrclean

Mr Clean, just arrived for the week and looking forward to getting on the lake. I'll get some info up here on what we did, this post has helped me put together a basic game plan. See you on the water!

Started out this morning inside with a great picture, 40-60 FOW, but could not even turn a head in there. We headed out deep to take a peek, but only a few fish out there, however we did get 1 fish to go out there and boated a nice king, 120 FOW. Off by 9:30 for sausage and pancake breakfast.

Back out tomorrow to do it again