Olcott 5/4/13 - Not so good for us

Hi Guys,

Slow day out there for us. Started out at 8:00 am right out front in 60' and trolled all the way down past Tusc to 200'. Only had a single fish. This is only my third time out on Ontario in the last two years. I fish out of Dunkirk (Chadwick Bay) all summer. Would appreciate any tips you guys have (I have everything in terms of trolling in terms of rods/lures/etc).

Here is what I ran (2.0mph -2.25mph) :

20 and 30 ft jets with tsticks (fire tiger black silver) off the big boards

DW spoons silver/green silver/orange off the riggers (30-90 down)

Big Dispseys 100 (on 1) 180 (on 3) running a Renosky and a spoon.

Only fish lost was on Silver/green rigger 45' down.

Can't make it out this weekend, but I plan to give it a try in 2 weeks on Thursday or Saturday.

Another note: No-one was fishing near the harbor (except off the pier) for browns is that bite done ?

Thanks for any help !!!

The king bite is still very iffy..... water temps are improving and there are tons of hooks in the water, but they just aren't very active at the moment.  Took a couple high teens kings over 6 hours.  As far as speed, I'm not sure.  3 mph might work, but in the spring, i've always had better luck at 2 - 2.2 mph. 

East winds for a week can make for finicky fish.  Come back a little later in the month when the wind is out of the west or SW on the lake.