5/3, 5/5, and 5/7 out of Sandy

Fishing has been tough but getting better.  I'm all done with the spring derby for the spring due to my work schedule.  On Saturday we fished 200 -250 East of the creek and did 1 king, 1 steelhead and 7 lakers.  Most were taken on boards with a 2 color.  The king and 2 lakers were taken on the 500 copper.  Monday was horrible.  Fished the same water and did 1 king, 1 steelhead and 4 lakers.  All spoon bite from the surface to 100 down.  The king came down 100 on a mag purple pounder.  Yesterday, we headed a little further East in 180 - 225 and found good green water with a 4 degree temp difference. Did 2 kings, one 5lber and a 20lber.  35 to 50 down was best.  After the bite slowed, we fished lakers putting 23 on the floor in 2 hours.  In the 3 trips, we could not top an 18lb laker or a 20lb king. We had a very long steelhead over 32" but it was super skinny!  It would have been a 12lber if it had put weight back on.  Good luck to everyone in the rest of the LOC. 

Nice Job Brian, glad you were able to get out and land quite a few fish.  I am sure your having the same thoughts I am about the Laker Leaderboard.....darn shame!  I got one more day on Saturday (weather permitting) to get one on the board!!!!  We will see you around! 

Jason

Nice Job Brian, glad you were able to get out and land quite a few fish.  I am sure your having the same thoughts I am about the Laker Leaderboard.....darn shame!  I got one more day on Saturday (weather permitting) to get one on the board!!!!  We will see you around! 

Jason

I think it is stupid that more 20lb lakers were killed in the 2013 spring derby so far than the last 5 years worth of Fall derbies combined yet the Fall Derby gets the chop!  Does not sound like Dave is trying to "help perserve the lake trout fishery" like he stated in his email. 

Nice job Brian! I am hopeing to get my boat in the water by the end of the weekend , im still trying to get it cleaned up from last weekends Walleye trip. See ya soon