Blood Run Tackle Fishing Line

I spooled up two reels with the Blood Run mono line (one 30 lb flea line and the other 20lb downrigger mono).  I like the line but had a problem loading up the rigger rods.  If I tightened down too tight the line slipped through the release and my lure ended up in the release.  I used black's releases.  I tried using rubber bands but the line still slipped through.  Any suggestions?  thanks

Vic Rowcliffe

The Nina

Vic,

It sounds as though you are not looping the line about four turns before putting it in the arm of the release. For downriggers you want to wrap it around the arm a few times and then snap the thing in place after adjusting the tension (I set it to release with a 2 or 3 lb fish). For outriggers however I just slip the line in so I can let out more length or shorten while trying to get fish to hit without bringing in  the outrigger line.

BazookaJoe is correct I meant to say to use the loop from the wrap (around my finger) not the arm of the Black...thats one of the problems with doing something a million times and then trying to explain it to others....your brain takes shortcuts :lol:

I was wrapping the line around the arm the first time I used my blacks releases. After letting my spoons "wash" for awhile I brought them in to change out colors. No spoons or leader on either. Low and behold I got bit on both and they never released. One fish broke a micro swivel right in half. The other cracked off the 15 lbs leader. Lesson learned!

Edited by BAZOOKAJOE

The Blood run has a significant amount of silicone coating on it.  After fishing the 30lb all week last week and struggling the first day with slipping until I figured it out.  With Blacks I believe you add more twists.  if you use a pinch pad (capt. Jacks) pinch it down an extra click this should help.