I'm looking for some recent Pike action. I've driven to Mendon ponds, Sandy Creek, and Lock 26 in Lyons. I have yet to find some action. I  was also recently schooled on some live bait techniques that I'm ready to use. Any advise in techniques and locations is welcome.

Thanks Bryan

Edited by BArmstrong

I would suggest Sodus Bay, in Wayne County. Check out the Bay Bridge Sport Shop on the South end of the bay. They can give you the latest fishing info. and also have all the bait / tackle and boat rentals you need..... I've been fishing there since  '84

http://baybridgesportshop.com/

Jim S.

I caught 5 on Sunday trolling south end of Owasco Lake. We were trolling stick baits flatlined and two colors of leadcore. Trolled from 6 fow to 70 fow. Picked up 1 laker (7lbs.) 5 Northerns biggest was probably 33".Its been too windy for us to fish Mexico Bay where we like to pick browns, so we went to Owasco hoping for some Browns/Walleyes. Got neither of those but it beat yard work. We were only out about 4 hrs. we were a little disappointed because we didn't catch what we were looking for but Northerns are fun to catch they fight like the dickens. Everyone of those Northerns destroyed the stick baits. It was amazing that they didn't break off they had the entire lure in their beaks, all nine points of all three treble hooks. It made me look forward to the annual Canada fishing excursion.

Opening day we were at mud bay,and me and my grandson caught 16 pike, the biggest being 8.25 lbs on red/white daredevils.but don,t know if is too far for you. Mark

The canal in back of Mays Point (between Seneca Falls and Savannah)  might be worth a shot and then there is the canal section at Alloway or while there try the Canandaigua Outlet section between Route 96 (5 Points area) and Alloway (especially near the large open field on the bend). Use shiners and shiners and shiners. :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I saw some decent ones in the southern end of Sodus Bay last August. They were chasing my senkos. The day I got there i talked to the guys at the tackle shop and they acted like no one fishes for them and there aren't many around... I also saw several dead 2-3 footers.

There are plenty of pike in sodus, long pond and braddocks, or really any inlet of Lake Ontario with 5-15 fow and weed lines. I have had very good luck in sodus trolling big spoons and stick baits