Seneca Seneca 5-11 and 5-12

5-11

Launched out of South end about 5:30 am and ran just a touch north and setup shop working the east side in 100 to 150 fow....   We ran cores coppers dipsys and riggers....   We picked up a steady supply of smaller landlocks on the cores and riggers for quite a while before picking up a few browns lakers and a decent salmon ... Need another week or so before things really start to set up, we did find some decent suspended bait with nice hooks around it so worked that bait quite a bit picking up a fish almost every pass through it.... Overall we went 16 for 18 and had great morning, We also had Danny onboard from HILLS VALLEYS AND STREAMS for his first ever lake trip and he had a great time reeling in quite a few fish.....  Cant say enough about Finger Lakes Tackle Spoons they have been on the money all year and I love that I do not have to replace them after a few fish because the paint is absolutley amazing stuff, Hills valleys and Streams carrys them in stock so if your down that way stop in and I will show you a couple of the hot ones for me this year but to be honest, most of them I have put in the water have caught fish.....

Mike

post-148405-0-73599000-1368472206_thumb.jpeg

post-148405-0-13299600-1368472235_thumb.jpeg

5-12-13

Launched out of south end aboard a friends boat (Skippin School III) he wanted to take out for a shakedown ....  We ran to the area of the bait I had located the day before and setup shop running a couple cores riggers and dipsys...  Everything worked well and in the four hours we fished we were able to put 9 fish in the boat ...  Again Finger Lakes Tackle was doing the Damage and a few lakers On Big Weenie Flys also.... 

Mike

post-148405-0-44392900-1368473053_thumb.jpg

Love the Alpha Alewife, pickeral had it in its mouth cross ways came out unharmed! FLT UV spoons ROCK!, I bought a bunch haven't wanted to take the productive ones off to see if others work, Great art work Bob!

how fast is everyone trolling?  Ive been catching lakers from speeds 1.0 all the way up to 2.9 on windy days     I was just wondering what the key speeds are?  I know on lake ontario its 2.0 to 2.5 from what ive found. 

That depends ... If your looking for lakers I like 2.0 or less depending on how aggressive the lakers are, if your getting short hits try dropping down in the 1.5 range or less.... Off fish I'm going 2.5 to 2.9.... But if your trying to target everything go in the mid range off speeds and adjust from there...

Mike