Sodus Pro Am, July 20 & 21...website is live!

The Website for The Sodus Pro Am is now live.

http://sodusproam.com/tournament/
Rules are now up and registration info will be up as soon as we have it. You can't miss the sign up on the website for a mailing list :lol:  Join the mailing list and you'll get updates as they happen. This newsletter is how we will be communicating a lot of information as it unfolds.

Like our facebook page at:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SodusProAm

Edited by Fishtails

YEEHA!! I am working on a Sponser from Kruger Farms.com which is a internet outdoor store, and also the largest rapala dealer in the country. A friend of mine is on the prostaff and mentioned to me that they would be interested in sponsering a tournament. This would be perfect, as i suspect this one, to continue to grow. I will get answers asap.

I have my fingers crossed that meeting goes well Dane....thanks for all the help :yes:

Just did a little tweaking on the website....it's now ready for some news!  Lots of you signing up for the news letter....keep it going because that will be our main outlet as news unfolds.

Alright guys after tomorrows meeting we will post the rules and have more details to come....

Rest assured we are working hard and it will be a great event again this year,  Let's get the word out and get this to be the biggest pro/am event!!!

I know i can't wait to to be at the only port were you can literally park your car the day you get there and not have to start it back up til it's time to go home on sunday! Not to mention the great diverse fishing and the night life with multiple live bands!!

I know i can't wait to to be at the only port were you can literally park your car the day you get there and not have to start it back up til it's time to go home on sunday! Not to mention the great diverse fishing and the night life with multiple live bands!!

Couldn't have said it better! We will have to pass on this year, but we hope to be there next year.

Several meetings taking place the past two days firming everything up. Rules, Sponsers, Registration,etc. Web site will be updated soon. May not have all info you want but will be updated as we go along. New blood brings new and better ideas. Stay tuned.

Several meetings taking place the past two days firming everything up. Rules, Sponsers, Registration,etc. Web site will be updated soon. May not have all info you want but will be updated as we go along. New blood brings new and better ideas. Stay tuned.

:yes:

Alright guys the rules have been finalized and will be posted on the website after the weekend when rod gets home from fishing Jon's brown trout derby. We've talked to a ton of teams for their input and the majority has ruled overwhelmingly.

Here's the structure:

Pro - 12 fish, (salmon and or trout) no communication, and mandatory observers

AM - 7 fish (6 salmon and/or trout with one 1 bonus lake trout), No observer

The pro/am series did our anglers an injustice by opening communication and getting rid of the am division.  We will now reunite with Oswego and put eastern Lake Ontario on the map for competitive fishing tournaments. We are currently working on an eastern cup (aka closed comm. cup), and will have information out soon. Also we will bring back a much needed Am division with the rules that the vast majority have been asking for many years now.

Very happy to see the amateur division put back! I think it's great to get back to 6 fish also! Many of us consider 6 fish in a single day a hell of a challenge... I'd need a genie to bring 9 in lol

The Official rules are now posted on the website :yes:   Our first short newsletter was sent out this evening with the most recent news

If you are not signed up for our newsletter, you can sign up on the website or view it on our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SodusProAm

Edited by Fishtails

We just updated a rule for the Am division. Thanks Captain Vince for the sharp eye.

The amended rules read:

Am teams are limited to a maximum of 4 members per team.

Amateurs are allowed to catch up to their NYS legal limit for a 4 man crew, once a fish is kept you can not throw it back.

For years many recreational fishermen have asked for the AM rules we put in place for this tournament.  The Sodus Pro am has several former Am team members and current Pro team members on the committee. Both Am's & Pro's have a voice in this event, so be heard :) .

If we want similar structure in other Am events, we need to speak loudly through huge participation as well as self policing ....so lets spread the word and keep this rolling guys  :yes:  :yes:

Edited by Fishtails

I'm confused (happens a lot) Is it the best six fish out of the legal 12?

For the sake of simplicity Nick, lets just say Am teams can weigh in their best 6 silver fish (salmon, steel or browns) plus a bonus lake trout.  Teams can box their legal limit of all species combined, based on how many legal anglers are on the boat....up to a maximum of four anglers. 

By capping the team at four members, Am teams with large boats will not have an advantage by putting 6 anglers on their team to increase legal limits.  Not that I see that happening, because Am teams are only allowed to run 6 rods anyway....but it keeps the smaller boats aware that we are doing everything to keep it fair for ALL teams, regardless of boat size.

Edited by Fishtails