charter boat and business for sale on Seneca

It is with regret that I will be selling my boat and business.  I cannot keep up with USCG license requirements due to health issues.  I finally acquired the boat that I always wanted, and fitting her out with no expense spared.  The boat is a 2006 Eastern 27, with a 350 inboard and a Honda 9.9 kicker.  The boat was essentially new 2 years ago when I bought her in NH from an older gentleman who had her custom built and kept the boat in his boat house.  There was 52 hours on the engine when I bought her.  Currently, there is 143 hours on the big motor and maybe 40 or so on the Honda.  I had planned to ship the boat back to the builder, as he was confident he could sell her at a good price this season.  Before I do that, I wanted to explore the possibility on this thread of someone who might be interested in the whole package, including too much tackle and details to mention easily.  The offering includes a permanent slip in front of the new Hotel in Watkins Glen, paid up for this year and available for the future if wanted.  The deal includes a heavy duty trailer if the slip is not needed or wanted.

I had more charter business than I wanted in the last 2 years with the hotel location.  A small sign on the boat brought in a steady stream of inquires.  I did as many sightseeing tours as fishing trips and met a lot of very nice people from all over the world who were at the Hotel.  At the hotel site you would not need a web site or any advertising at all...folks walking around on the waterfront see the sign and call on their cell...too easy!

I am at 50K for the package, and would be pleased to connect with any interested parties.  There really is too much involved with the boat and business to explain on the classified site.  I have attached one photo of "Tara Too" taken yesterday for a quick overview and would be pleased to talk to anyone who had a serious interest in possibilities.  I talked to the builder yesterday and the replacement cost on the boat is 110K this year.  I have put another 10K easy into the boat with add ons and trolling gear...it is a very good boat and the motor is strong.  Everything works perfectly.  I have 100s of photos of the building of this boat and lots and lots details about the way she is fitted out.  PM me if you wish and I would be pleased to talk to anyone serious about the package.

cheers,

Capt AC Holmes

post-141682-0-96961000-1368536599_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like an excellent deal to me, anyone who has owned a boat of that size and outfitted it can appreciate the tens of thousands that it takes to maintain not to mention the goodwill of the charter business. Good luck to you Sir with your sale and your health..................PD